RHS x.7891 issues and eratta FOR x.7892

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

el cid again

RHS x.7891 issues and eratta FOR x.7892

Post by el cid again »

x.7892 will likely issue today.

British Army 77th LAA is duplicated (inherited from CHS - so CHS users should edit out one of them as well).

USN 16th Naval District reappears (as it should code wise) - from Manila to San Francisco - will try to fix into a nonregenerating form.

USN 17th Naval District teleports from Kodiac to South China - will try to fix - otherwise will remove.

IJN Hakkodate Naval Station Fort will plan for Hakkodate.

IJN Maizuru Naval Station Fort will plan for Maizuru.

IJA 65th Construction Battalion will be assigned to Northern Command.

ROC 10th War Area will relocate/plan for 418 (Lanchow)

ROC 27th Field Army will be added at 418 (Lanchow) - replacing BA 77th LAA duplicated unit in slot 2405.

German submarines (the number varies with scenario) will gain their historical German captains.

el cid again

RE: RHS x.7891 issues and eratta FOR x.7892

Post by el cid again »

I cannot make the ex Chinese slot behave for 17th Naval District,

so I took USN 112th Base Force and turned it into a Combined HQ / Base Force

It is now North Pacific Command/17th Naval District and 112th Base Force - it is static - and it is under the command of RADM Theobold.

Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

Planning for KNIL Riouw Garrison Bn, (@ 21,51 in Lv7) seems to be strange also. No big issue though.
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

11th Air Force (XI Air Force at the time) is commanded by BGen William O Butler (added).

Alaskan Command moves to Cold Bay - very close to where Buckner was at the base of the Alaskan Penninsula - and he had an airfield at Cold Bay with another fort as well.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

Planning for KNIL Riouw Garrison Bn, (@ 21,51 in Lv7) seems to be strange also. No big issue though.

It is messed up badly - not pointing to any location - so it will point at the Riouw Dependencies (islands).
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

Japanese 81 mm mortars had a defective device file entry - and it is now fixed - using the Allied device! It is hard to know what was wrong with the record - but it isn't wrong any more.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

Having thrown in the towell on an ex ROC slot for use as a Naval Dist HQ

I wanted to add an ROC HQ

There being no more missing War Areas

I decided to add the ROCAF HQ

So I went looking for the commander (which I never did find)

But I DID find a detail OB of the ROCAF

Wow.

Major changes. Lots more American and Allied equipment - both to start and later. Even B-24s! IL-4 start the war in China (if not in the Russian air forces) - forcing me to change date for the Il-4. This plane now produced for the entire war - at a lower rate - and is available to upgrade at any time (although doing much of that will prevent adequate replacements). Still - it is nice. There are a lot more Hawks in China - and fewer ancient Russian fighters - whose numbers now will last longer as replacements. And there will be things like P-51s! Wow.

Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

All japanese naval assets in the Madagascar area start with crew exp 10/10, all airgroups with experience 20. This might reflect reality but I'm not sure if this works out well in game terms.
Just meant as a consideration.

Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: el cid again

11th Air Force (XI Air Force at the time) is commanded by BGen William O Butler (added).

Alaskan Command moves to Cold Bay - very close to where Buckner was at the base of the Alaskan Penninsula - and he had an airfield at Cold Bay with another fort as well.

Not an expert in this field or in game mechanics, but, have you given any thought to the way the game uses HQs (benefits/support) and the effects of what you contemplate will have on it. Fine to hang the hat of HQs and/or leader in its historical location (Cold Bay, etc), but another thing to ruin, and/or mess with, game functions for its sake. This is especially in question when such units are static.

I repeat I am treading in an unknown area, but, want to make sure of your intentions and the consequences of them. No disrespect intended.

To quote Forrest Gump "And that is all that I have to say about that"
goodboyladdie

Post by goodboyladdie »

Where are the new versions, please? I just looked on the RHS site and could only find the mid-December version. 1EyedJacks and I would really like to get on with our third attempt...

Art by the amazing Dixie
1EyedJacks

Post by 1EyedJacks »

In Dreemer's server there is a zip named 7.788 but files show a date stamp of 12-18-07...

Can someone verify that this is the latest version of the EOS mod?
TTFN,

Mike
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

In Dreemer's server there is a zip named 7.788 but files show a date stamp of 12-18-07...

Can someone verify that this is the latest version of the EOS mod?

I doubt that as our files have the same timestamp and I believe they are 7.7891.
The new files should be around soon though, but one should not forget that there could always be unexpected problems so personally I'd guess a day or two. But then I'm not a member of the RHS team so take this with care.

Btw. It helps being on the primary distribution list, you'll get the scenario files before they are on the RHS webpage.

1EyedJacks

Post by 1EyedJacks »

How do I get on the primary distribution list?
TTFN,

Mike
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

How do I get on the primary distribution list?

PM El Cid. But be prepared for a lot of traffic. [;)]

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

Not an expert in this field or in game mechanics, but, have you given any thought to the way the game uses HQs (benefits/support) and the effects of what you contemplate will have on it. Fine to hang the hat of HQs and/or leader in its historical location (Cold Bay, etc), but another thing to ruin, and/or mess with, game functions for its sake. This is especially in question when such units are static.

I repeat I am treading in an unknown area, but, want to make sure of your intentions and the consequences of them. No disrespect intended.

Buck,

What I did in my current AI game is before I started I went into the editor and removed the static squads from all the HQ's precisely due to the game engine considerations you point out. In a PBEM game I suppose you need to caucus with your opponent before doing so.
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

Why do AOs need 104 merchant points? Is that intended?
When I consider that 1 merchant point is equal to 1 naval point, than every AO would cost as much as 2-3 CAs!!!
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

But I DID find a detail OB of the ROCAF

Wow.

Major changes. Lots more American and Allied equipment - both to start and later. Even B-24s! IL-4 start the war in China (if not in the Russian air forces) - forcing me to change date for the Il-4. This plane now produced for the entire war - at a lower rate - and is available to upgrade at any time (although doing much of that will prevent adequate replacements). Still - it is nice. There are a lot more Hawks in China - and fewer ancient Russian fighters - whose numbers now will last longer as replacements. And there will be things like P-51s! Wow.

Sid,

Just a thought - maybe shoot what you found over to the AE folks in case they haven't hit the mother load yet.
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Buck,

What I did in my current AI game is before I started I went into the editor and removed the static squads from all the HQ's precisely due to the game engine considerations you point out. In a PBEM game I suppose you need to caucus with your opponent before doing so.

I am a confirmed dyed in the wool AI'er. I would like to consider/evaluate what you are doing and the game effect but not that sure of myself with WITP Editor X yet. What I do like is that Sid, is coming out with workarounds for game unit problems. Heck I wouldn't ever know most of these errors exsit unless someone tells me.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

Well - yes - I do THINK about "the way the game uses HQs"

OTH we have zero documentation - and code is so complex no one really understands it in a difinitive sense

not to mention it is somewhat dynamic and subject to change

SO we are never sure how things will work until we do them.

But - in general - there are HQ and there are HQ. SOME have effects - and others - like this one - provide nothing much except support. For one thing - to be a "real" HQ a unit needs to be in an HQ slot and defined of a type that has coded functions. Even then - it appears the HQ don't work as IRL or as we might imagine they do. For the most part a land HQ only affects things in its hex - making combat or construction by units with less than complete support more efficient - and only to the extent they were deficient. Probably also the value of the leader matters - however that may be done?

In this case, I left the 11th Air Force (Alaska Air National Guard originally - a dual named unit) as fixed at Anchorage (Elmendorf AAF - where I live) - as a fixed HQ - and I made the Army/theater HQ mobile - so you CAN move it. The gigantic antennas (run by "Naval Security Group Elemndorf"] are at the AF HQ in fact.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

z
ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

Where are the new versions, please? I just looked on the RHS site and could only find the mid-December version. 1EyedJacks and I would really like to get on with our third attempt...

The next version is x.7892 - and comes out today. The last one was x.7891 - and was never posted - just uploaded by me. Mifune is down hard with a virus (computer type) and not updating the site.

Return to “Scenario Design”