Axis and Allies

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

IRONCROM

Axis and Allies

Post by IRONCROM »

OK guys. If you havn't downloaded V1.10 yet, you should.
My first impressions of Tom's Axis and Allies scenario are GREAT!
I forsee a lot of multi play happening with this one. Check it out guys...
IRONCROM

RE: Axis and Allies

Post by IRONCROM »

Hey guys I decided to start up a multiplayer game of this scenario...go here if your interested.[;)]
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1661191
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

I'm having a problem with it. I don't have any action cards for purchasing units, so I'm stuck with whatever the game gives me as reinforcements (which appears to only be one set of 3 rockets per turn).

I have the action cards for owning neutral countries and the action cards for buying my research...but nothing for purchasing units. So I always end up getting overrun as my units wear down.

Where am I not looking?
tweber

Post by tweber »

If you are playing with certain sides like Russia, Germany, and the US, you must designate an arrival location by playing a action card first (these cards are color coded yellow).  This will direct reinforcements to one of your two unlimited factories.  Send me a note if this is not the issue.
lomyrin

Post by lomyrin »

Rolling for a research with an unsuccessful result seems to not be working correctly. In the next turn the points are returned and the report says that you did not roll to execute the research.  When the research was succesful it seems to work ok.  Am I missing something ?

Lars
tweber

Post by tweber »

Thanks for the catch. I corrected and uploaded Axis and Allies Version 3 on scenario bank.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

No, I've used the action cards to denote placement of my reinforcements, but that seems to be the only thing I can do. I never receive any other reinforcements (other than the aforementioned three rockets per turn).
tweber

Post by tweber »

Once you play the arrival card, the reinforcement cards should appear.  It seems to work on the game I am playing.  Is this an issue of one side or all.  Can you post a screen shot of the hand cards after you play an arrival card?
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

I will after I have finished my current ones. Don't want to get too confused :).
Deus Vult.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”