New version of HCDB (.rsr file) wrong?

This new Commander's Edition of Harpoon Classic includes land units, neutral and unknown sides, an improved radar and area ECM model and a host of other improvements. Rounding that out are over 200 scenarios and the WestPac Battleset. Try out this great new version of the classic Harpoon!
rsitaly

New version of HCDB (.rsr file) wrong?

Post by rsitaly »

Hello!

I have downloaded the new version of HCDB (071223) but I have some doubts about the COMMONDB.RSR file ... the old one is 18,449,416 bytes and the new one is only 343,016 bytes; the difference in size is noticeable, I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto
TonyE

RE: New version of HCDB (.rsr file) wrong?

Post by TonyE »

Hi Roberto, I think a previous reply sums it up fairly well http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1657805.  So the new version you downloaded won't have the nice ship/plane/submarine photos.  The first patch will have the nice photos and they may be available before then but I'm still working thru whether we are allowed to distribute them separately from the game patch or not.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
rsitaly

Post by rsitaly »

Thanks Tony ... a very fast answer BTW!

I'll wait for the patch or for the complete .RSR file.

Roberto
SteveF2006

Post by SteveF2006 »

It may be worth while to manually add the new units to your DB until the patch is complete and the pictures are given the green light.

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition”