AE Map, Base, Economic Issues [OUTDATED]

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

KDonovan

RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread

Post by KDonovan »

has if the weather model been adjusted?

is it possible for a player to better forecast the weather?
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: KDonovan

has if the weather model been adjusted?

is it possible for a player to better forecast the weather?

Unfortunately, there are no changes to the weather system. Perhaps there will be time for this later on.

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

What about antimony? Up to 90% of antimony production is in China. It is used to alloy with lead. Sure, everyone knows about the sexy stuff like oil, rubber, tin and aluminum but antimony is one of my favorite metals. Sure, it's a bit brittle, but it shouldn't be disrespected. Will this be modeled? [;)]
Sonny II

Post by Sonny II »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

What about antimony? Up to 90% of anitmony production is in China. It is used to alloy with lead. Sure, everyone knows about the sexy stuff like oil, rubber, tin and aluminum but antimony is one of my favorite metals. Sure, it's a bit brittle, but it shouldn't be disrespected. Will this be modeled? [;)]

As far as I know there will be no disrespect for antimony in the game.

[:'(]
okami

Post by okami »

ORIGINAL: Sonny II

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

What about antimony? Up to 90% of anitmony production is in China. It is used to alloy with lead. Sure, everyone knows about the sexy stuff like oil, rubber, tin and aluminum but antimony is one of my favorite metals. Sure, it's a bit brittle, but it shouldn't be disrespected. Will this be modeled? [;)]

As far as I know there will be no disrespect for antimony in the game.

[:'(]
I thought the Japanese declared war on antimony? Isn't that why they were there in the first place?[:D][:D][:D]
"Square peg, round hole? No problem. Malet please.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Actually it's the communists who are antimony. [:'(]
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

I went to school with Antimony in 3rd grade.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I call upon St. Antimony when I has misplaced my cell phone or car keys.
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: Norm3

How about galapagos islands? They may become important in any of the cut the US off from Australia attempts.

The Galapagos Islands are not included. Probably the only thing on my current map that won't be on the AE map.

Andrew

PS: We thought long and hard about tracking Antimony production but reluctantly decided against it.

Sonny II

Post by Sonny II »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

PS: We thought long and hard about tracking Antimony production but reluctantly decided against it.

But not in a disrespectful way!

Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: mlees

I was looking at the screen shots that Matrix posted up for the AE edition.

I have a question on a symbol I see:

What is that little square I see in the upper left corner of the Shanghai hex? (It also appears in Canton, Pescadores, and the southern base in Okinawa.)

I assumed it was a "mines present" symbol, but I don't see one in Hong Kong, which aught to be mined (although if the screen shot was done by a player logged in as the "Japanese player", it may be missing due to FOW...).

Finally checked this - yes that is a mine symbol, and is absent in HK for the reason you guessed at.

Andrew

Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

ORIGINAL: mlees

I was looking at the screen shots that Matrix posted up for the AE edition.

I have a question on a symbol I see:

What is that little square I see in the upper left corner of the Shanghai hex? (It also appears in Canton, Pescadores, and the southern base in Okinawa.)

I assumed it was a "mines present" symbol, but I don't see one in Hong Kong, which aught to be mined (although if the screen shot was done by a player logged in as the "Japanese player", it may be missing due to FOW...).

Finally checked this - yes that is a mine symbol, and is absent in HK for the reason you guessed at.

Andrew

Well the FOW always lifts and shows me that they are there when I find them the hard way. The last time it only cost me a couple of AKs. Nasty devices. [X(]

Which brings up a good question, is the mine warfare model going to be changed any in AE?
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
mlees

Post by mlees »

I believe Terminus (or maybe jwilkerson) said somewhere that they will look at the mine warfare aspect, with the overall net effect of reducing the over-abundance of mines in the game. (Probably by making the requirements for reloading minelayers more stringent.)
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: Shark7
Which brings up a good question, is the mine warfare model going to be changed any in AE?

Best to ask the naval guys that question.

Andrew

NormS3

Post by NormS3 »

Andrew,

Sorry to bother you again. Do you mean that galapagos islands would not be show up as artwork on the map, or not as a base.

Sorry I was not specific in my initial question.

Thanks again
Dukemourn

Post by Dukemourn »

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

It would be great in an Allied player could stop production by oil and resource centers. Right now the Japanese player can simply bypass all important oil/resource producing bases in the DEI, knowing that he won't lose any production since it will stockpile.

I'm aware that the ability to destroy production would imbalance the game, but stopping production is another matter IMO.

[/blockquote]

I definitely agree. But I think that will have to wait for a future update.

Andrew [align=left]
Andrew, I've thought of three ways you might improve this without a lot of programming.[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]1st Method: Have a Storage Limit.  If oil stored at a DEI Base is greater than 1 months production then  [Oil stored = Oil stored - 1 days production].[/align][align=left]                 If the Dutch couldn't ship the oil out of a base then I doubt if they would keep producing it and storing it.[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]2nd method: Storage Destruction.  Currently engineers destroy some percentage of production capacity if they are present when the base is lost.  Why not have them destroy some percentage of the oil stored also?[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]3rd Method:  Production stoppage if within Japanese Normal bombing range.  If the Japanese take over a base within normal bombing range of a DEI oil production base then that DEI Base would automatically stop production using the same routine as the 1st method above.  [Oil stored = Oil stored - 1 days production].[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]I know these ideas may be OTS but if you implement one then I'd have my teeny little mark on the greatest game ever made.[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=right] [/align][align=right] [/align][align=right] [/align]
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: Norm3

Andrew,

Sorry to bother you again. Do you mean that galapagos islands would not be show up as artwork on the map, or not as a base.

Sorry I was not specific in my initial question.

Thanks again

No worries. The Galapagos Islands are not included as either artwork or base. Since off-map movement is Allied only, there is no need to represent the role of the Galapagos as a cover for the Pacific approaches to Panama.

Andrew

Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

I was just discussing something in another thread and came up with another question concerning Japanese production.  Currently squads, weapons and vehicles are all produced with combinations of manpower, armament and vehicle points while the Allies get production rates of all their stuff.  It seems that if the Japanese have sufficient points in the pool, they can pretty much produce whatever they need, based on the whims of the AI, of course.  Sounds kind of unfair.  Is there going to be any change to this facet of production?

(OMG, I'm a JFB and I'm asking this question! [X(])
Created by the amazing Dixie
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Will the pilot training program require fuel (actually supply in the game)?
Created by the amazing Dixie
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I was just discussing something in another thread and came up with another question concerning Japanese production. Currently squads, weapons and vehicles are all produced with combinations of manpower, armament and vehicle points while the Allies get production rates of all their stuff. It seems that if the Japanese have sufficient points in the pool, they can pretty much produce whatever they need, based on the whims of the AI, of course. Sounds kind of unfair. Is there going to be any change to this facet of production?

(OMG, I'm a JFB and I'm asking this question! [X(])

It would be too big a change to provide full Allied production (or equivalent to the Japanese at least - even the Japanese do not have complete control over their production). But I don't think that the Allied player should necessarily have as much control as the Japanese player anyway. What I would like to see though is more reactive allied production - meaning that if there are deficiencies in some areas the Allied production would compensate for it. But that would be for a future game.

The other thing that we should pay attention to is that the Japanese production rates are realistic.

Andrew

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”