OP Fire - pause

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Kwll

OP Fire - pause

Post by Kwll »

Is there a way to pause the AI turn during when using OP fire.

I am finding it really is a pain when in middle of AI turn and phone rings, doorbell rings or baby cries and I am stuck do I miss my shot or miss the call etc.

I would think not be to hard to pause the game during this phase. I did not see this in the rule book or in a prior forum but could have missed it.
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

There are buttons to pause the play that you can read about in the manual.

Look in preferences. See the command intervention button. set it for 5 or 6. When you have to pause for a few moments, press the F3 key.

Now I am not sure if that will pause it for you during a turn. Maybe so, maybe not. I'll have to try it.

I guess because when I'm in the middle of a hot turn, I don't stop for anything. Phone waits, wife waits Image, doorbell waits Image! But I do understand your predicament.

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Kwll

Post by Kwll »

Wild Bill - that did not work, I had a AI turn with OP fire last 30min and another at 20 and another at 32. With that can of time I really woyld like to be able to pause the AI's turn.
Almogavar

Post by Almogavar »

Ok, press "Esc", "control" and "Alt" keys at same time, if doesn´t work try again. You will be in Windows98 and the game is in pause. When you want comeback click on the screen botton in "Steel Panthers World at War".

------------------
Desperta ferro.
Desperta ferro.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Almogovar,

Unless it's different on "non-English" keyboards, the keys to switch to another program are "ALT" and "TAB". This will put SPWAW in the background, effectively pausing it. Click on it's button or ALT-TAB back to it to resume.

Caution: some video boards go whacky when you try this and lock up the PC with a black or garbled screen.

Tommy
Kwll

Post by Kwll »

Well I had tried this and tried again after these coments but...I noted what unit I was on ( I increase the time to OP to 20) and went to windows...waited about 2 mins, and came back it was on a totally different area of the battle. so apprenly this does not pause the AI turn
Keebler

Post by Keebler »

Note: if you alt-tab out of a network game, you may never get back. Best way to pause a net game, ask server player to save game, and tell you to which slot. Then save the game. Exit from SPWAW, and do what you got to do.

When you are ready to play again, have server side load up again. One slight problem with this is who evers turn it was gets all his time back. So if it was 5 min / turn he will be back to 5 min.

For AI game, ALT-TAB will pause the game.
If you can't be HAPPY you shouldn't be anything at all!
Almogavar

Post by Almogavar »

"For AI game, ALT-TAB will pause the game."

Sorry, I have a "spanish" keyboard.

Almogavar
Desperta ferro.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”