Advanced Tactics v1.10k Public Beta Update Available!

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Erik Rutins

Advanced Tactics v1.10k Public Beta Update Available!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

The new v1.10k Public Beta Update (the "Christmas Patch") is now available in our Members Club (via the MEMBERS link on our top nav bar) to all registered customers. Download, install and enjoy, there are some great changes and enhancements in this one.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
T_K

RE: Advanced Tactics v1.10k Public Beta Update Available!

Post by T_K »

Yay!
T_K

Post by T_K »

First thing I noticed is -1pp research is still visible in the "not yet available" column.
Veldor

Post by Veldor »

Does anyone know... Do I need to start a new game for the rules changes etc to take effect or will it begin all that in my current games once the patch is applied???

Isnt the masterfile only loaded at scenario start so any issues with that wont be addressed in current games correct?

Im particularly concerned with the AI elements, are those stored in such a place as would take effect in my current AI game?

Thanks!
beserko

Post by beserko »

yippie  ......  I got it
as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns—there are things we do not know we don't know."
beserko

Post by beserko »

just opened up axis n allies ........... WOW
as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns—there are things we do not know we don't know."
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

Nice going Eric and Vic.

Outstanding support for an outstanding game.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

The new v1.10k Public Beta Update (the "Christmas Patch") is now available in our Members Club (via the MEMBERS link on our top nav bar) to all registered customers. Download, install and enjoy, there are some great changes and enhancements in this one.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks, Erik and thanks Vic. I hope folks note that this patch was made available, pretty much when Vic said it would be. So kudos to both Vic and the Matrix team for getting ti done.

Rick
Delyn Locksmiths

Post by Delyn Locksmiths »

Just unzip it over the advanced tactics files?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Open the zip file, then run the update installer and it will take care of the rest.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

terror mode for pbem? What does it do apply electro shock when the enemy cheats? Seriosly did not see any nots in read me?
"Tanks forward"
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

For sure a good job, the patch was available just when Vic and Eric said it would be, very professional for a very top notch product.  Now, off for some AT goodness...
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

The new v1.10k Public Beta Update (the "Christmas Patch") is now available in our Members Club (via the MEMBERS link on our top nav bar) to all registered customers.

I'm a registered member of the Members Club but all I see is the 1.02 patch. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Are you looking in the Registered Downloads? The 1.02 official update is not even in that section, it's in the public downloads on our site.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

note on the new WAW from Tom, the dive bombers are even less effective v ships.. consider building carrier air, even without carriers lol
"Tanks forward"
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

Are you looking in the Registered Downloads? The 1.02 official update is not even in that section, it's in the public downloads on our site.

Regestered Downloads . . . of course not. Was looking in "Patches & Updates : A quick link to our latest patches and updates. "

Thanks for the help.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Umm...why does it say that this version is not officially supported? Should I hold off on installing it? Is there some expected problem with it?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Simple, because it's still a beta version. We post betas from time to time for customers to try out if they wish. They are always posted in the private registered downloads section because we don't want any other game sites thinking that these are official releases. Therefore, they are only available to customers who have registered their games with us. The betas generally do not have any critical issues, but customers using them should not expect official support - we only provide that for official releases, betas generally do have some issues. Post any issues you find with the beta here and the developer will be grateful for the feedback.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”