Installtion not working

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
toryschmidt

Installtion not working

Post by toryschmidt »

I am trying to install Cross of Iron on a new computer that was built for gamin. The installation begins but when the file c:\programfiles\close combat\close combat III\videos\STALIN.AVI tries to install the disc stops. From that point on all I get are decompression errors, read/write errors, and failure to register errors. I have downloaded directx and java. This computer was built by dell for the requirements of this game and this game alone. It was a gift for my husband. HELP!
toryschmidt

RE: Installtion not working

Post by toryschmidt »

Also, I get an error saying that the serial number is wrong and to contact Matrix supprt.
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: toryschmidt
Also, I get an error saying that the serial number is wrong and to contact Matrix supprt.

Some hints :

Your serial numbers should be something looking like 9999-9999-9999-9999

Make sure you type it in with dashes and all

You can contact Matrix support by sending an email to support@matrixgames.com

From what you said in the OP it looks like a corrupt/bad cd - in which case they'll surely replace it for you. Too bad this just has to happen with what's obviously a present.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
toryschmidt

Post by toryschmidt »

Thanks, how do I get them to replace it?  I have called the sales number but they wouldn't help me.
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

Thanks, how do I get them to replace it? I have called the sales number but they wouldn't help me.

Well, by sending that mail for starters [;)] - mention the sales number you phoned and the help (or not) you got from them. Describe exactly the actions you undertook and the exact chain of events leading up to the error. Also be precise in the error message(s) you get.

Also, be adviced that this is not the forum for this kind of problems though the guys from Matrix drop in on a regular basis and will take care of this personally once they're aware of what the problem is.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Veldor

Post by Veldor »

I am trying to install Cross of Iron on a new computer that was built for gamin. The installation begins but when the file c:\programfiles\close combat\close combat III\videos\STALIN.AVI tries to install the disc stops. From that point on all I get are decompression errors, read/write errors, and failure to register errors. I have downloaded directx and java. This computer was built by dell for the requirements of this game and this game alone. It was a gift for my husband. HELP!

For the serial number try entering it with the dashes.. Make sure your not entering your order number instead.

For the disc errors have you verified that your cd/dvd drive is functioning correctly? ie. Does other software install just fine from cd? Given that its a new computer and all.

It might be useful to try to copy the contents of the cdrom to a temporary directory and then try installing from there.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”