Scenario creation help...

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Tattico

Scenario creation help...

Post by Tattico »

Hello everyone,
I'm creating a new scenario for this amazing game and I have couple of questions/problems:
1) I put on the map few city and I would like to have them set to neutral people but look like the only people I can choose are the one that I created as new regiment... how I can fix this?
2) If a city is assigned to People A and People B occupy the city, when the city switch from A to B?
3) How I can change the pic of the "Supply"? Do I need to create a SFT?
4) When I place a road on a border hex, the road start from the center of the hex... is this correct?
5) The final and painful one... when I test my scenario HUM vs HUM, everything work fine... BUT... if I play against the AI
I get this error "Index was outside the bounds of the array" and I notice the the AI counter won't stop counting the moves.
Oh greater scenario and mod creator... can you help me? [&o]
By the way... nice community!
tweber

RE: Scenario creation help...

Post by tweber »

1. If you already have the area painted with a regime, a new location (like a city) will be the same people as the regime.  If you place a location on a neutral hex, it will ask you to chose a people for the location.  If you want to change the people, you have to select the hex and then go into the hex tab on the editor.
2. The people of a city do not normally change.  You can change this with an event.
3. Not sure where the link to the supply picture is.  Never changed this.
4. Yes
5. Post to error message on the board in the support section and hopefully Vic can help you hear. 
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Tattico

Hello everyone,
I'm creating a new scenario for this amazing game and I have couple of questions/problems:
1) I put on the map few city and I would like to have them set to neutral people but look like the only people I can choose are the one that I created as new regiment... how I can fix this?

OK, I've attached a screen shot for this one. in editor map mode slect the hex then the hex button. you can adjust the pople who "own" the city. In this example, from Salerno Scenario, all the cities belong to the Italian people, although all are occupied by German or American.

2) If a city is assigned to People A and People B occupy the city, when the city switch from A to B?

When the city beomces occupied (or a force exerts enough force on it). But note the city is still Italian (or whatever you set it to). It's occupied by another regime. This allows you to easily make adjustment to the way cities react (preduction-wise) to occupation.
3) How I can change the pic of the "Supply"? Do I need to create a SFT?

NOt sure I know what you mean. If you want different pic for the EVENT of delivering supply, you can set it in the event EXEC command. If you mean how to change it in the game screen, you can replce it in the graphics directories where they resides - . But I'm not sure what you mean.
4) When I place a road on a border hex, the road start from the center of the hex... is this correct?

Yes, but I undertand this has been addressed in the soon to be released 1.1 upgrade.
5) The final and painful one... when I test my scenario HUM vs HUM, everything work fine... BUT... if I play against the AI

Uh oh - I had this happen. Not sure I ever figured out EXACTLY what caused it. Once it had to do with having some units HQ's then deleting them. Another time I had towns owned by a regime, then deleted the regime. At least once, I had to go back in and redo the whole scenario from the map up. Being careful not to make a mistake. I've gotten to where I save versions of anything I do now pretty often. so that I can back up, then test it both Hum vs Hum AND both sides VS AI (I had the exact same symptom where it wokred Human vs human, but crashed at vs AI (and I had only been testing Hum vs Hum at that point).

[/quote]

On the community mnod site there are some tutorials (as well as in the threads at top of this page. If you havent gone through them, I'd take a look.

Hope this helps - good luck

(There are some pretty sharp guys her on scenario creation that know a whole lot more than me, so you might watch for additional answers.).

Attachments
hexowner.jpg
hexowner.jpg (32.18 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Tattico

Post by Tattico »

Wow... I got the big guy! [;)]
ORIGINAL: tweber
1. If you already have the area painted with a regime, a new location (like a city) will be the same people as the regime.  If you place a location on a neutral hex, it will ask you to chose a people for the location.  If you want to change the people, you have to select the hex and then go into the hex tab on the editor.
Yeah, I got this one but I would like to have the city allocated to the "neutral" people...
2. The people of a city do not normally change.  You can change this with an event.
I didn't think about this! Thank you! I will try this for sure like "when X is in XX,XX city people change to X"... [8D]
3. Not sure where the link to the supply picture is.  Never changed this.
The item is only in the Itemtype list where there is no link, I was wondering if I need to create a SFTtype item where I can link the picture... [&:]
4. Yes
Well.. I'll keep it this way then...
5. Post to error message on the board in the support section and hopefully Vic can help you hear. 
I will!

Thank you!

[:D]

Tattico

Post by Tattico »

Hi Rick,
ORIGINAL: Rick
OK, I've attached a screen shot for this one. in editor map mode slect the hex then the hex button. you can adjust the pople who "own" the city. In this example, from Salerno Scenario, all the cities belong to the Italian people, although all are occupied by German or American.
This is exactly what I do but I notice that in your scenario you have some city/village that don't have any people assigned.
When the city beomces occupied (or a force exerts enough force on it). But note the city is still Italian (or whatever you set it to). It's occupied by another regime. This allows you to easily make adjustment to the way cities react (preduction-wise) to occupation.
This is my problem, production! The way is set up right know, one reg can't produce because the city is assigned to another people... so unless the city change ownership there is no way this reg can produce units, only supply or PP
NOt sure I know what you mean. If you want different pic for the EVENT of delivering supply, you can set it in the event EXEC command. If you mean how to change it in the game screen, you can replce it in the graphics directories where they resides - . But I'm not sure what you mean..
No event pic, but the production item. The supply item always display the pic with the barrel and I would like to change that. I know you can't change the pic in the itemtype tab so I was wondering how I can do that without creating a SFTtype.

Yes, but I undertand this has been addressed in the soon to be released 1.1 upgrade.
Good... I'll wait for the patch... right now is just a "cosmetic" deal... no biggy!
Uh oh - I had this happen. Not sure I ever figured out EXACTLY what caused it. Once it had to do with having some units HQ's then deleting them. Another time I had towns owned by a regime, then deleted the regime. At least once, I had to go back in and redo the whole scenario from the map up. Being careful not to make a mistake. I've gotten to where I save versions of anything I do now pretty often. so that I can back up, then test it both Hum vs Hum AND both sides VS AI (I had the exact same symptom where it wokred Human vs human, but crashed at vs AI (and I had only been testing Hum vs Hum at that point).
Yeah... I did a LOT of change, delete and such so it's possible that I screw up somewhere! Well... the new patch is coming out so I'll redo the scenario... i need to shorten the map anyway! [:D]

By the way, I played your scenario... nice one, short and intense!

[;)]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

This is my problem, production! The way is set up right know, one reg can't produce because the city is assigned to another people... so unless the city change ownership there is no way this reg can produce units, only supply or PP

Tattico,

On the city production, what are you trying to do? There is a setting on how production changes based on who the citie's people are ( I called that owns), and who occupies the city.

Look at the people screen.

I bleeive this screen is where you can adjust how cities production changes based on who the city people are, and who currently occupies the city.

So on screen, if Italian city is occupied by German, then production is multiplied by 0, i.e. no production.

I think that's how this works, try it out -

Rick

And thanks for comment on scen. (I'm going to make a few minor adjustments to it - based on some comments by Vic and Bombur I think and it looks like I better check who the people are for the cities, I had meant for them to be all Italian).

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
hexowner.jpg
hexowner.jpg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Tattico

Post by Tattico »

Rick,
this is exactly what I was looking for!
I need to be able to switch production based on the people that occupy the city!
Now, for 2 reg to produce their units in the same city I need to change the value of both to 1 correct?

[&o]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Tattico

Rick,
this is exactly what I was looking for!
I need to be able to switch production based on the people that occupy the city!
Now, for 2 reg to produce their units in the same city I need to change the value of both to 1 correct?

[&o]

Correct

Good Luck!

Rick

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”