Physical shipment not here for Xmas, can I have download please Santa Vic

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

BULLDOGINTHEUK

Physical shipment not here for Xmas, can I have download please Santa Vic

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

I know the physical shipments started a week ago but I still haven't received mine (I live in the UK). Still says its on backorder.

I paid for it a few weeks ago when the download was out but thought that the physical shipment would be out the same time so only asked for the physical shipment. I'm getting it as a Crimbo present so was wondering if I could also now have the download so that I can play it on Christmas day. I've got a serial number to confirm I have paid if you need it.

Let me know if this would be okay.

Thanks.

PS I have tried your customer support E-Mail but they replied with a standard reply telling me how to download the game. As stated above I did not select both, only Physical but now wonder if I can change to both as it is the same price.
Alan Sharif

RE: Physical shipment not here for Xmas, can I have download?

Post by Alan Sharif »

Hi Bulldog.

I am in much the same position but have a few titles I have not played much/at all yet so am making do with them.
A Sharif
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Would have been nice to have it for Christmas, I've got 10 days off and no game! As you say, just playing old games. Wish I would have known about the delay when I ordered the game though, I would have asked for both the download and physical shipment. Something to do with printing problems of the manual I believe.[/align]
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

I would have done the same had I known it would take this long. Luckily I have more games than time, not that I let that prevent me from buying more! I have no reason to assume it has even been dispatched yet, but if so it might arrive mid holiday. Heres hoping:)
A Sharif
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

No sign of it on the horizon. I checked my order status just now and it says 'backordered', and 'awaiting shipment'. [>:][/align] [/align]The great AAR's are really winding me up too, knowing that most people have got the game through the download, enjoying it and it looks an excellent game to boot. Also verion 1.1 patch is coming out too and the game is not here in my evil little hands [:@][/align] [/align][/align]
Shawkhan

Post by Shawkhan »

Sure is strange. Ordered Massive Assault, (not available here any more) from E-bay and it arrived in four days. Ordered three games here back in November and still haven't seen hide nor hair of them. This is unacceptable customer service in the internet age.
At least I will have one 'new' game to play over my holiday vacation.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Think of this way Bulldog, everyone else is a guinea pig for the new patches. When we get ours all the annoying little bugs will be ironed out and we will be able to play a 'clean' game with  few new bells and whistles. Thats what I keep telling myself anyway. Hope you had a nice Xmas and a happy new year to you, any everyone else reading this.

Regards

Alan  
A Sharif
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi folks,

Sorry I haven't checked in here in a while. I was physically moving our office from one building to another during the week of the 15th - 21st and that brought me right into the Christmas holiday. I've only had limited time until now to do any forum checking as a result.

When we posted that AT was shipping, those were the first copies leaving the US warehouse. At the same time, a shipment went from the US warehouse to the UK warehouse, which was supposed to arrive there and start shipping out copies by the 17th/18th. If you still don't see that your order has shipped, then there's definitely a problem. Please e-mail us at erikr@matrixgames.com and support@matrixgames.com with your order numbers and we'll follow up today.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Thanks Erik, I've just E-Mailed you my order number.

Merry Christmas to all forumites [:)]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks, investigation begun, I hope to have an answer on this today.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hey Bulldog,

The good news is that your order apparently shipped out today - we're still trying to find out why it took so long to ship out.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Hey that's good news.[/align] [/align]I appreciate you looking into it for me Erik.[/align] [/align]I will post on here again when it's in my hands, hopefully with good words to say about AT [;)][/align] [/align]Thanks again.[/align] [/align]
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Bulldog,

mine shipped yesterday too:) What did I tell you, and still a few days to play!!

AS
A Sharif
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Got it this morning at 9.30am. [/align] [/align]Playing a random scenario with 3 AI's. Finding it very difficult [:)].[/align] [/align]Must read the manual tonight. I'm a happy bunny anyway....[/align]
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

I am pleased to say that I think this is a great game and all the positive comments about it are justified that have been posted on the forum.[/align] [/align]Have just started my first PBM game Europe 1939. Will probably get my butt kicked but good to learn. [/align] [/align]Thanks for the amazingingly challenging game with many tactical possibilities Vic. Well worth the purchase [:)][/align]
Fintilgin

Post by Fintilgin »

Any news on if/when we will be able to upgrade to a physical copy?

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”