RHS LEVEL 7 PWHEX set RE-reissued

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

el cid again

RHS LEVEL 7 PWHEX set RE-reissued

Post by el cid again »

The STANDARDpwhex7.dat and pwhex.dat files previously uploaded were not to the current standard - so they are inclosed in this package. This is the update that makes interior river systems vessels able to exit to deep water - in most cases. Furtunately, the PANAMApwhex7.dat file was right - and it is almost identical.

Just copy pwhex.dat to the top level WITP folder and reload a game - and it will be in effect.

I will be issuing a complete revision of pwhex for Level 7 after some eratta are fixed. Some hexes need to be defined as coastal - or land - so routing algorithms can behave better in a few places. I detected this in the Torres Strait - where New Guinea has coastal issues. Since I am building detail human start games, I will detect such matters - and fix them.

pwhex changes do NOT require starting a game over - just reload a save game file.

el cid again

RE: RHS LEVEL 7 PWHEX set RE-reissued

Post by el cid again »

This corrects some eratta - which should only be Level 7 related -

and it modifies the Ganges river delta -
something I won't backfit to Levels 5 and 6 unless there is demand for it.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

So is the set on the website dated 12/19 correct or is there an additional correction coming? In other words, does your last post mean in addition to this morning's post?
Mifune

Post by Mifune »

The latest pwhex has already been uploaded, its just a bit confusing with two uploaded the same day.
Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

We should just have one - the first should be replaced by the second.

Return to “Scenario Design”