Drinking!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

morvwilson

Drinking!

Post by morvwilson »

Saw something on TV the other day. By some survey or other it was said that the average person drinks 23 gallons of beer per year.
I think that sounds a little low. Lets say its 24 gallons per year for easy math. That makes 2 gallons per month, 1/2 gallon per week. or 4 pints in a week.
Knowing that there are a few here who have gazzed at the world through the bottom of an empty mug, does that sound right to you?
http://www.outskirtspress.com/Feud_MichaelWilson

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
Kevin E. Duguay

RE: Drinking!

Post by Kevin E. Duguay »

NO!!

No details nessesary! BEER HAPPENS!!
KED
Zap

Post by Zap »

I know there are not many of me. I drink 0 gallons. If it is an average, it takes into account everyones drinking habits. So that may be accurate.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Same here Zap. I'm a Crown Royal type myself. I always felt beer was for the poor peoples. ;) But, I rarely take a drink anymore and for the most part it's for a hot tottie when I have a cold or sore throat when I use the Crown anymore. I had me haydays when anything with alcohol in it was enjoyed with pleasure (you can't live in Vegas without getting the drinking bug when you're young and all your drinks are FREEEEEEEE). ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Zap

Post by Zap »

Yes, RH free drinks and youth is one heck of a combination for the drinking bug. Just came 2 days ago from Vegas free drinks are still everywhere.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

I remember we (Brian my friend) use to goto Circus Circus and sit in the keno lounge all night with crayon and a keno ticket in our hands never playing and getting soooooooo loaded on the weekends. Next door was a Slot-o-Rama type place that gave free popcorn and we'd load up on it to soak up the suds. Then late at night or early mornings hit those .49 cent breakfasts (long time ago hahah but yeah they had .49 cent breakfasts just don't order a drink cause they were $2.50) lol
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Veldor

Post by Veldor »

Beer is for vimen, real men drink Vodka!!!
Zakhal

Post by Zakhal »

I try to get rid of drinking related smoking so I quit drinking gallons of beer and bought seven bottles of cognac and expensive whiskey yesterday. The xmas off coupon for liquir story from work helped in that too. The stuff is so expensive that I wont be able to drink it much so Ill be cutting on that too. Allthough even the oldest man in the earth (116yo) drinked a little too. He didnt have a wife though.
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

I had someone, I suppose, which was distantly related to me, have something tragic happen to him. They called him Uncle Ralph. I went to a funeral where he was one of the survivors. He was maybe 16 years of age, whereas I was maybe 9. I never seen anybody cry so loudly and unceasingly at a funeral. Turns out his daddy had been killed by a drunk driver in a head-on collision. The drunk went unscratched so I heard.

So though it's not just for that reason, I can say I'm a tee-totaller.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Well, they certainly do not mix, Charles.

I tend to keep my drinking habits and driving habits miles apart.

As for the stats, I don't know. I'm not even sure what a gallon is anymore, dealing with litres for so long. I do know that I apparently binge drink, being as I will seldom have less than 6 tins/pints in a sitting. I never, ever drink during the week because I know I'm driving the next day. I keep my drinking to Fridays and Saturdays...but certainly not every Friday and Saturday.

I guess I may drink a litre of Whisky in a month and maybe 6 litres of lager? But I don't drink during the week and I certainly don't drink every weekend.
Alba gu' brath
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

I guess the figures above would have been far too low for me at one time. I used to go out at least 4 times per week and drink anything up to 10 pints of Guinness each time. Plus the lunchtime pints during the week. Man, when I think back to those days!! I must have nearly drowned in the stuff several times.

Why they don't ban drinking and driving completely is beyond me! It's ridiculous. If I had a half (pint) and hurt someone driving home, I'd never forgive myself. I never touch alcohol when driving, and like Judge said, during the week it's not an option. Especially considering I take my son to school every morning.

I rarely seem to have time to drink these days, but do love Guinness and a nice Malt Whisky whenever possible. Glenfarclas 105 for me please. [:)]
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: morvwilson

Saw something on TV the other day. By some survey or other it was said that the average person drinks 23 gallons of beer per year.
I think that sounds a little low. Lets say its 24 gallons per year for easy math. That makes 2 gallons per month, 1/2 gallon per week. or 4 pints in a week.
Knowing that there are a few here who have gazzed at the world through the bottom of an empty mug, does that sound right to you?

It looks like I am above average!!!

Oh wait, that might not be healthy.

Oh well, I'll go HAPPY...
Flipper
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I know there are not many of me. I drink 0 gallons.

Likewise. Not for any real health, religious or even financial reasons; I just finally figured out twenty years too late that I generally had a much better time staying sober. Red Bull, or similar, is a really good alternative in pubs and such.
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

The thing to ask is, "What do you do while you are drinking?"

For me, I'm either foruming/writing/gaming and listening to music OR watching a good movie. What I'm NOT doing is driving.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Ahhhh remember those nights when you thanked the toilet bowl for being cool on the side? Or Praying to your god that if he/she got you out of this drunken mess this time you'd never do it again? Putting your face down in a porcelain bowl where your face should never be put in the first place? haha Remember when you could stay out all night drunk as a skunk and no problems, but, as soon as you got home and laid down on that bed it started spinning round an round an round an round lol. Or the once you went to the bathroom once to take a leak it seemed like you had to go back again every 10 minutes? ;)

Zap

Post by Zap »

"Or the once you went to the bathroom once to take a leak it seemed like you had to go back again every 10 minutes? ;)"

I'm afraid that one will revisit us as you get old and grey. No drinking needed.[:)]
Karri

Post by Karri »

I have yet to find the truth at the bottom of the glass. But that won't stop me from trying.

JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

"Or the once you went to the bathroom once to take a leak it seemed like you had to go back again every 10 minutes? ;)"
That's called "Breaking the Seal"
Alba gu' brath
anvl

Post by anvl »

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]
That's called "Breaking the Seal"

I remember that as "Calling for Ralph" [:D]

However,, to paraphrase one of the greats,, "have you noticed that there are more old drunks,, than there are old doctors" [;)] [:D]

anvil
Deus subrisum stultusi et ferrari
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I remember we (Brian my friend) use to goto Circus Circus and sit in the keno lounge all night with crayon and a keno ticket in our hands never playing and getting soooooooo loaded on the weekends. Next door was a Slot-o-Rama type place that gave free popcorn and we'd load up on it to soak up the suds. Then late at night or early mornings hit those .49 cent breakfasts (long time ago hahah but yeah they had .49 cent breakfasts just don't order a drink cause they were $2.50) lol

'Slots-O-Fun' is the name of the place. It kinda was too.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “General Discussion”