Napoleon in Italy 1.05 Public Beta Now Available!!!

Step back to the age of Napoleon and travel in the footsteps of this military genius! Napoleon in Italy is a hex based strategy game that includes both the strategic level of movement and logistics combined with playable tactical battles.
Greg Wilcox

Napoleon in Italy 1.05 Public Beta Now Available!!!

Post by Greg Wilcox »

Hi everyone,

The v1.05 Update is now available as a Public Beta via our Members Club. While we do final testing we figured we'd offer you a change to get it early as well. This is still a beta, but it's stable and solid as far as we can tell. Barring any major issues being found, it will become the official update.

You can download this as a Registered Download as long as you have registered your Napoleon in Italy serial number in our Members Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top nav bar).

Change list

• Piemont will now properly surrender (Piemont armies will dissapear right away)
• Chance of Piemont surrender now significantly higher
• Inactive AI generals will no longer rally the troops
• In Advanced mode moving tired troops (readiness below 50) will cause a morale loss - except Retreat formation
• Piemont campaign end date fixed
• In Realisic mode Cohesion and Readiness regeneration reduced by 33%

Greg Wilcox
Production Assistant
Adraeth

RE: Napoleon in Italy 1.05 Public Beta Now Available!!!

Post by Adraeth »

downloaded, i will try it :)
www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.
Angiel

Post by Angiel »

Hi [/align]downloaded, tomorrow I try it.[/align]thanks[:)]  Angiel[/align]
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Will this patch address the observations I made below in an earlier post?

"I've enjoyed the game so far and started a campaign (a few times actually). Just seems to me there is too much constant movement of AI forces and way too many battles. Just doesn't to have the right Napoleonic feel to me. Things just seem too fluid.

It is 1796 05 02 for example and there have already been 10 engagements and 8 battles. I have initiated some of those of course as the French but the AI never stops attacking something.

Units in general seem more robust then maybe they really were to me also. Stacks can go through numerous battles turn after turn and readiness and all gets lowered but the fight still goes on longer then really seems possible.

None of this is with Tactical battles."
Graf Leinsdorf

Post by Graf Leinsdorf »

Downloaded and tried the Piemont Campaign scenario, difficulty level "general", rules "realistic", fog of war "on", French mobility "on".
I played as Austrian against the French AI. I didn't especially concentrate on strategy and played somewhat as blind woodpusher. The result was a very easy Austrian win: 1753 pts. vs. 1020 pts.
I deem such outcome quite discouraging as to the quality of the AI. I play against the computer opponent only and consider a poor mark for a wargame that it's so easy to beat its AI, especially if that means to easily reverse the historical result.
As in the cases of Gun of August and Empires in Arms, I think that this recent Matrix games release too, in spite of the fascinating subject, the good rendition of many historical subtleties and the laudable effort to improve things with timely updates, suffers from a rather stupid AI, thus undemining my wish to play it any more.
pablomagno1

Post by pablomagno1 »

The Ai is always lack when the AI player attacks you
But the PBEM don´t work and we need to play against a easy AI opponent
HussarGames

Post by HussarGames »

Pick a scenario where you attack. At the start Austria and Piemont together are stronger then the French. Only the mistrust of the two armies (no joint operations) and Napoleon's genius won the campaign for France.

Return to “Napoleon in Italy”