Tutorial

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Hunter42

Tutorial

Post by Hunter42 »

Hi,

just started with this nice game, but I have a little question regarding the tutorial scenarios. The handbook explains the tutorial scenario for the EF II tutorial. The other two games, have tutorial scenarios as well. Is there a way to get the documentation for both (which was originally in the respective manuals I guess)?

Michael

P.S. Found a Bootcamp doc for EF II, WF and Rising Sun, but nothing else...
Jason Petho

RE: Tutorial

Post by Jason Petho »

Hi Michael

Apart from the individual bootcamp documents in each of the game folders, there is nothing yet available for tutorials.

There is a video tutorial here if you have 20 minutes to kill:

tm.asp?m=1546386

There will be further BOOTCAMP type scenarios coming with the next UPDATE and I am sure there will be more coming after that.

Jason Petho
Hunter42

Post by Hunter42 »

Thx Jason,

good to hear that. But I still insist :-)

The other to games WF and Rising Sun had at that times their respective manuals and a seperate tutorial for each game (in the manual). But the campaign series does only include the EF II tutorial text, but the WF and RS tutorial scenarios. Is there any problem, extracting the tutorial text from the old manuals and publish it seperatly ?

Michael
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

No, I wouldn't imagine so.

It is on the to-do list, but in the meantime - feel like typing?

Jason Petho
jreebel

Post by jreebel »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

No, I wouldn't imagine so.

It is on the to-do list, but in the meantime - feel like typing?

Jason Petho

I have the manuals and a scanner. I may try to scan some pages this weekend if I have the time. If they look good then I should be able to do the whole tutorials at least as images if not text. Haven't really tried text with my scanner.
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!
Curly Howard
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

That would be brilliant.

If you could send them to me (jasonpetho at hotmail dot com), I could put them together in a PDF!

Jason Petho
jreebel

Post by jreebel »

Well, of course I didn't get to it this weekend. Between our blizzard conditions here in NE Ohio and a plumbing emergency...

Maybe later this week. And I checked and I don't have the Rising Sun manual, just the other two. But I'll do the one I've got that we need and see how it looks.
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!
Curly Howard

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”