New Troubleshooting Installer - Please Read

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Erik Rutins

New Troubleshooting Installer - Please Read

Post by Erik Rutins »

If you are having an issue with the installation hanging, please register your game in the Members Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top nav bar) and you'll find a "troubleshooting installer" in the Registered Downloads for EIA. Try running this instead of the default installer you downloaded from the store and let us know if it makes any difference please. Thanks.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Nautile

RE: New Troubleshooting Installer - Please Read

Post by Nautile »

First installation did hang as described. Downloaded the troubleshooting installer and it worked fine. I'm under XP media center edition. Related ?

Regards
jimsottile

Post by jimsottile »

I have been unable to install Empire in Arms with the original installer or the troubleshooting installer. It appears to fully install showing 100% installed but just says "Please Wait" and hangs forever at that point. Disconnecting USB devices while the install was going on made no difference. Any other ideas on what I can try to get the game to install?

Jim Sottile
Jim Sottile
rwould

Post by rwould »

Had the hanging installation problem.

Tried downloading the installer thingy and it tries taking me to an FTP site and asks me to log in. My login is not recognised so it does not work.

How am I meant to download it then?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Did you register for an account in our Members Club? This is not the same login as the forum.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
rwould

Post by rwould »

Yes, I had registered as a member first and then registered the game. I was clicking on the link when logged in as a member. It would take a long time as if loading, and then come up with the FTP log on page.

EDIT: Good news, just tried installing again and this time it worked so no need for it now :)
Barry Lyndon

Post by Barry Lyndon »

Same here. both versions don't seem to agree with me.
And after this failed installation I tried to start up the game anyway, but it fails to run and I get "error code 200", something to do with the serial number.
Anyone any clue?
ORIGINAL: jimsottile

I have been unable to install Empire in Arms with the original installer or the troubleshooting installer. It appears to fully install showing 100% installed but just says "Please Wait" and hangs forever at that point. Disconnecting USB devices while the install was going on made no difference. Any other ideas on what I can try to get the game to install?

Jim Sottile
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Barry Lyndon

Same here. both versions don't seem to agree with me.
And after this failed installation I tried to start up the game anyway, but it fails to run and I get "error code 200", something to do with the serial number.
Anyone any clue?
ORIGINAL: jimsottile

Jim Sottile

What Operating System?
Barry Lyndon

Post by Barry Lyndon »

Windows XP Media Center Edition, service pack 3.

I adjusted my config to run on a bare minimum and guess what, installation succeeded. Don't know which program conflicts with the installer, but doens't really matter anymore.
kfoelsch

Post by kfoelsch »

I'm assuming that this installer is obsolete at this point? Would it even work with windows 7?
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Same issue here...error code 200...I am also running Windows 7. I also note that there is no Empire in Arms install file at the members club main page..please help.

Products Registered Downloads
Empires in Arms 12 FEB 2012 No Downloads Available
PistolPete

Post by PistolPete »

Same problem on win 7. Installation hangs. Tried to install with xp compabillity, to no use.
According to specs. win7 should be supprted. Has anyone got it to work?
Silence is golden
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

I have EiA successfully installed on two PCs with Win7. If the installation hangs then you may have a bad install file? If you don't have the install file available in your members area games, contact Matrix directly to get it restored. Sometimes the older titles drop off but can be reposted upon request. They're usually pretty good about that.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Jadasong

Post by Jadasong »

I just got the EIA download version on Win 8 which seems to install and start ok but the screen resolution is way out, I see about a quarter of the screen. 1920x1080 is the recommended resolution for my screen, I've tried a few other but doesn't seem to help.

I think the download version is v 1.0 but can't confirm so I may need patches etc? New to Matrix and this forum so not sure if there is somewhere else I should look first.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

You should update to the v1.20 public beta. It's a comprehensive patch that includes some resolution adjustments in the earlier patches. Install, reboot, and see how it goes. AFAIK it should be working in Win8 but you may need to adjust some compatibility settings back to WinXP or something?
Bill Macon
Jadasong

Post by Jadasong »

OK that got about 95% of my troubles fixed. With the v1.20.04 beta applied I now see 95% of the screen, it's just the bottom section that's off screen, which is the "buttons" for "New Game", "Load" etc which I can mostly guess or get to know. But finding the "Done" buttons for combat is impossible (I saw on a picture where they are supposed to be) but they are "off screen" and you just can't select them [&:] Napoleonic's with no combat is so sad ....

I set the compatibility mode to Windows XP which lets me see the opening logos now but seems to make no difference otherwise. Different screen resolutions make no difference.

Any other clues? The game runs ok and seems to perform and respond (when you get to know it's quirks) but missing the bottom of the screen is impossible if you want to fight.

Finally, when I do get it going, where do you report or discuss any bug issues for the beta?

<EDIT>
As a matter of interest I changed the text sizes to a smaller size (at risk of going blind) which looks like it will all fit on the screen .... except it gets an endless "divide by zero" error displayed on start up, so it doesn't solve the issue either.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

OK good. The other thing to check is to verify your resolution is set to 96 dpi. Other than that try changing your screen resolution?

For bug reporting, check out the thread on Mantis. It's not working right anymore but still has info about reported bugs and other requests for improvement. For new reports, just post them here I guess.
Bill Macon
Jadasong

Post by Jadasong »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

OK good. The other thing to check is to verify your resolution is set to 96 dpi. Other than that try changing your screen resolution?

For bug reporting, check out the thread on Mantis. It's not working right anymore but still has info about reported bugs and other requests for improvement. For new reports, just post them here I guess.

OK well after changing the text size to smallest it fits on the screen and works ok, though I'll go blind! Medium text size on WIN8 would be ok except it just crashes with "Divide by zero" errors and Largest Text size works but drops off the important buttons on the bottom of the screen. Couldn't see where the DPI=96 bit is meant to be. Screen resolution of 1920x1020 seems to work ok. Might play with it a bit more as this text size is uncomfortably small.

Is there a zoom function in game I haven't found?
Mauron

Post by Mauron »

Hello,

I'm just trying to play again EiA and I did installed the patch 1.20. The solo game worked fine and it was great to have the full screen but I'm having a big problem when I want to play by PBEM: the game crashes because it looks for some pictures in the folder of the game instead of the correct subfolder. Did someone has the same issue? I think it could be easily fixed because it should only be change the path of some sentence, so I hope this could fixed soon.

Thanks in advance and excuse if this post is not in the write place.

Kind regards.
Miguel Angel
VANorm

Post by VANorm »

I've just downloaded the latest version of Empires in Arms (my first computer version), and the installer repeatedly hangs: Please Wait... Installing Files... Seeking...

Rebooted, downloaded new versions. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Is this why it was on sale?

Help!
Norm from Falls Church

Return to “Tech Support”