Siege and Assault

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

scotswahay

Siege and Assault

Post by scotswahay »

Is there a particular procedure to get a corps to siege and assault a city? If there is I cannot figure it out. I have tried depot supplying the besiegers, foraging them and not using unused movement points, but neither option brings up the assault city 'button'.

The only way I have been able to assault a city is to win a field battle in the area first!

What am I missing?
bresh

RE: Siege and Assault

Post by bresh »

Think i had luck by chosing move the force into city. To do a siege. I did wonder first couple tries i didnt attack when in the same hex.

Regards
Bresh
Ralegh

Post by Ralegh »

Bresh has it - move the corps into the city - if their are defenders, that will create a siege.
HTH
Steve/Ralegh
scotswahay

Post by scotswahay »

Many thanks, my corps have been hanging around outside cities for months!!!
Nick1981

Post by Nick1981 »

Hello i did not buy the game yet but i have some question after seeing the game test ( After action report) about some siege rule or game procedure that i find strange to see in transition on how i play with the boardgame.

First, The defender can ask for the "honnor of war" rule that allow factor and corps that are in the city to leave to the next closest city in is territory and give the assauter the chance to win it witout conducting a siege or to surrender your factor and corps before the siege and when their are broken in moral when the wall are breached and the assaulter win the siege to be captured instaed of beeing atomatically erradicated.

This option permit when two nation end war to regain captured troop(factor and corps) and leader and place it like reinforcement. Often when you use it, it help a unavantage nation that know that will loose the war to surrender is troop, preventing the invader to make PP with battle and preventing the loose a great part of is landbattle force for a next upcomming war against another nation.

Second, You can attack the land corps, if a loose go in the wall of the city and can be attack by the same corps in the same turn or i miss a part??...............If a corp or stack can do a field and a siege attack in the same turn you don't read the same book of me.

Third, can you do « sortie »???........ when the attacker breaching tentive roll get a one the defender can make a sortie to kill 1 factor due to the terrible faillure of the assault.

Fourth, does city get pin that represent their fortification that influence breaching wall roll.

Fifth, Does the game play apply the factor when city are undergarisonned( +1 for the attacker dice for breaching) and garisonned ( -1 for the defender when he do a supply roll to feed is garnison with the tower) for the breaching roll and the supply roll of siege?

That are only the question for siege.....but for other question i will wait to buy and play the game first because some question are maybe stupid because their are only just not explain in the aar.
Just for viewer i have not only question but some idea too in fact their not mine but those of player that create and propose different scénario in the web of the original board game like « Viva la révolution » et « succession d'autriche » campaing that can be done and make exellent expension pack.
What???.....i only accept unconditionnal!....Spain will follow.....;)
Murat

Post by Murat »

Foraging prevents you from assaulting so keep that in mind too.
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: Nick1981

That are only the question for siege.....

All but Honors of war can be found in EiANW.

Richard
Nick1981

Post by Nick1981 »

I know but honnor of war rule is a interesting "house rule" that fill up the game if you use this rule  the turk can not ask for it (islamic code of honor was not the same as europeen and spain can not ask it in is home nation.

For the surrending rule of corps and factor. is it possible to do in the game before the resolve of a battle ?? ( i think it a house rule too)  
What???.....i only accept unconditionnal!....Spain will follow.....;)

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”