Level Bombers

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Warspite3

Level Bombers

Post by Warspite3 »

In my last game, I was fighting an AI who was much larger then me. That AI had at least 70% of the cities on this continent and some were big compared to mine. I landed and was able to establish a defensive stronghold but then kept on coming and coming, it was obvious I just could not keep up. I sent reinforcements over turn after turn and lossing were mouning. Then a few turns later, I sent in my level bombers, 3 groups of 10, and 1 group of 8 DBs. So I started a strategic bombing campaign. I bombed city after city, I would hit 3 of them per turn. Then slowly I started noticing less and less units the AI was sending my way. Then I was able to gain some ground. The bombing continued on and AI reinforcements were becoming few and I gained yet more ground. By this time I built 10 more level bombers and sent in another group so now I had 40 total and was bombing 4 cities per turn, nearly knocking out more then 60-70% of its production capability in each city! Very effective operation to take down a larger AI that is seriously outnumbering you. At least you can do some damage until AI fighters come around. This was AI and not AI+, it may not work very well against AI+ since you will have more then 2x the units to deal with.
-Warspite3-
IRONCROM

RE: Level Bombers

Post by IRONCROM »

Nice... I like it.[:D]
Vic

RE: Level Bombers

Post by Vic »

the next version of the AI (in v1.1) will build some flak if it cant win the air war.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”