Screen Messes up upon loading

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Shaharaim

RE: Screen Messes up upon loading

Post by Shaharaim »

Okay, Disabling the DirectDraw Acceleration option does seem to fix it, with the splash screen opening properly full screen.

The alternate .exe file provided by Marshall allows me to access the game as well, but it doesn't utilize my full screen then.

I'm done for the night. Hope to dig into this a bit tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback and assistance. Good luck with your continued troubleshooting of the opening quirks of the game.

berndawater

Post by berndawater »

G'day,
See my note in the test exe thread.  I had my character size set to 120 DPI rather than default DPI of 96 (via Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced).  Once I changed it to 96 DPI Screen display was correct regardless of normal system setting of 1280 x 720 , old or new NVidia driver or EiA exe used.  Hope this may help.

Cheers
Bern
Cheers
Bern
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Has everyone (especially NVIDIA) made sure they are running updated drivers.

I only say this because it seems to have solved the graphic issue in another thread

tm.asp?m=1634803&mpage=2&#1635646
Alba gu' brath
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Shaharaim
Okay, Disabling the DirectDraw Acceleration option does seem to fix it, with the splash screen opening properly full screen.
The alternate .exe file provided by Marshall allows me to access the game as well, but it doesn't utilize my full screen then.
I'm done for the night. Hope to dig into this a bit tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback and assistance. Good luck with your continued troubleshooting of the opening quirks of the game.

Hm, so in your case the updated driver and checking the dpi setting did not help?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: berndawater
G'day,
See my note in the test exe thread.  I had my character size set to 120 DPI rather than default DPI of 96 (via Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced).  Once I changed it to 96 DPI Screen display was correct regardless of normal system setting of 1280 x 720 , old or new NVidia driver or EiA exe used.  Hope this may help.

Very helpful, thanks - I'll chat with Marshall to see if we can make it dpi-independent for the first update.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort
I checked every slider setting on my Video acceleration - no effect on the EiA screen.
I also disabled the DirectDraw and Direct3d in my dxdiag - no effect on EiA screen.
I am now going to change my CMOS video aperture size and other motherboard settings: will report back.

Yours definitely seems to be the most stubborn of all these reports so far. Did you already check your dpi settings as well?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Success! It was a weird issue, but here is how I fixed it.

I double checked to see if my DPI settings were abnormal, but they stated that they were the normal 96 on the control panel. I decided to set them to 75% (72 DPI) just to see what happened. Lo and behold, the screen was beautiful and normal upon loading!

So here is what I did, so that I would not have to keep switching to an unusable 72 DPI to play. I switched back to 96 DPI on the control panel, and it asked if I wanted to use the existing font file or reinstall from my windows CD. I chose to reinstall (because I feel my 96 DPI must have gotten corrupted... strange). Everything loaded up at 96 DPI and I started the game... boom... perfect.

Never had a DPI font file get corrupted before. This does explain a problem I had last week running Guns of August at 1024x768. Thanks all!

SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

SoM:

Good to hear, I think? Right?
Keep me posted with any more oddities!
Now be off and go get a French dictator!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Lord Wolsey

Post by Lord Wolsey »

Glad this thread was here because I had all the same problem.  I replaced the .exe file and set my DPI to normal and it worked like a charm.  I'm blurry eyed and tired this morning after an extended campaign into the late AM.
Whites of there eyes and the sweat on their brows. When they fall, pick their pockets clean.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
SoM:

Good to hear, I think? Right?
Keep me posted with any more oddities!
Now be off and go get a French dictator!

I think you mean BE a French Dictator... [;)]

So far, so good! Map loaded fine, game seems running as intended.

For future reference for those with the same problem, changing the DPI to 96 (or reinstalling your 96 DPI if you have problems and it is set to standard) should suffice without using the substitute .EXE (at least it does for me).

SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please note that the substitute exe is only intended for troubleshooting as it does not have save/load functionality.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
mmattson

Post by mmattson »

Gentlemen,

I am running a wide screen DELL. I have had success in the last few minutes. I used the exe program provided today by Marshall. I downloaded a new Vid driver via the DELL website, I changed the dpi to 96 as recommended in a post here. I am running a screen reso of 1440 x 900. The resultant screens for EIA are not full screens but they sit to the left in a 1200 x 800 config

mmattson
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

mmattson:

That is the proper operation of the TEST EXE now try and revert back with your DPI set to 96.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Return to “Tech Support”