Getting the ball rolling

Post your contact info to find an opponent or a spot in a PBEM game here

Moderator: MOD_EIA

trw2264

Getting the ball rolling

Post by trw2264 »

Been waiting for this game for 4 years and playing it for many years before that. Looking to get involved in a PBEM game.

Email is trw2264@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Thomas Whitfield
hardcoremtnbiker

RE: Getting the ball rolling

Post by hardcoremtnbiker »

Same here Thomas sent you an email

kleinmtnbiker@yahoo.com
Odysseus

Post by Odysseus »

I'd also like to get involved in a game. However, since I have no idea of how much time this might gobble up, I'm just not sure if I dare make a commitment for another two weeks or so. Still tons of work that has to be done, and I'm not sure if I could summon the self-discipline needed for having the game on the same computer for the time being...[:D] So, what do you guys think - how many hours/week would a full pbem set take, with all major powers as players?
hardcoremtnbiker

Post by hardcoremtnbiker »

no idea.....not sure of the eacts flow of the PBEM...I would think it might be a little time consuming at first
Khornish

Post by Khornish »

I'm wanting to play PBEM as well. I've never played the board game, but I read the heck out of the rules years ago.

I'll stick with a game, even if I am getting my rear end handed to me, because I want to learn how to play it well.

I am glad the game is finally here.

My email: khornishman@yahoo.com

If you email me, please put EiA in the subject somewhere or my filter will delete it.
Richard12345

Post by Richard12345 »

Also interested

email - dickiestammers@hotmail.com
Alea iacta est
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

FYI . . .

I’m available to arbitrate one or more PBEM games should any of you be interested and ready to try a PBEM game. Just send me a PM when your seven-member playgroup is formed and I’ll get your game up and running.

Enjoy!

Richard
Panzeh

Post by Panzeh »

count me interested

gtheblizz@gmail.com
trw2264

Post by trw2264 »

Gentlemen,

So far we have five; myself, hardcoremtnbiker, khormsh, qtheblizz and richard123456789. A possible would be odysseus.

I would like to thank Monadman (Richard) for offering to be the arbitrator and, speaking for myself, would like to take you up on your offer.

Odysseus,

To answer your question about time, a lot depends on what country you play, the time of year during the game, etc. Usually, the very begining takes the bulk of time to set up, diplomacy and then the first non-winter month might see a lot of dow's on minors. But there can be slow periods in the game.

I have not approached everybody about how often they would like to turn around their turns. In my opinion the quicker the better so as to hold individual attentions and to lower player losses over the course of the game.

Thanks,
Thomas
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

Thomas

I take it that you will be the host of the game? If so, after the group is established and decides which game options will be in play, PM me with everyone’s email address and I’ll get this game started for you all.

I’m here when you’re ready.

Richard
trw2264

Post by trw2264 »

Richard,

Sure I will host, just a very small way in giving back to the snail-mail EIA games that were GM'ed by dedicated individuals. Once we get the final group in place I will pm you with the particulars.

Thanks,
Thomas
scotswahay

Post by scotswahay »

:), I would also be interested, although, with Christmas getting close I will be away for a week, with no access to the game.

Steve
JavaJoe

Post by JavaJoe »

Throw me into the mix I can help move the game from the inside..

Joe
Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com
trw2264

Post by trw2264 »

Gentlemen,

So far we have six; myself, hardcoremtnbiker, khormsh, qtheblizz, javajoe and richard123456789. A possible would be odysseus or scotswahay.

Scotswahay,

I understand your situation and would like to see this game up and running ASAP, to take care of the long-term desire to finally play! [:)]

Thanks,
Thomas
therockyfroggy

Post by therockyfroggy »

I can play if there's a spot left.

I played the boardgame once years ago....but will download the game tonight and will spend the night getting up to speed and ready to send in a turn....if there's space for me.

thanks.

bimbo_15_63@yahoo.com
JavaJoe

Post by JavaJoe »

Richard,

You have me email? Or should i send it to you?
Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com
trw2264

Post by trw2264 »

Gentlemen,

Looks like we have our seven: myself, hardcoremtnbiker, khormsh, qtheblizz, javajoe, therockyfroggy and richard123456789.

I will email this group in a short time to have us vote on the options and general turn turn-around idea. If, for some reason a member does not feel comfortable with the options or the time committment then we will look to find a new replacement(s).

Thanks,
Thomas
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: JavaJoe

Richard,

You have me email? Or should i send it to you?

Who are you?

Joe!

Richard
trw2264

Post by trw2264 »

Gentlemen,

I have sent an email to: hardcoremtnbiker, khormsh, qtheblizz, javajoe, therockyfroggy and richard123456789, and I did not get any bounce backs, so far anyway, so if you did not receive an email from me, let me know at trw2264@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Thomas

Murat

Post by Murat »

I am also open to getting involved in a PBEM if we have more interested and committed :)
murat@sc.rr.com

Return to “Opponents Wanted”