resolution?

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

hobbsjas

resolution?

Post by hobbsjas »

I can't find where it states supported resolutions or if the game can be played in a window. Anyone know?
sabre100

RE: resolution?

Post by sabre100 »

seems to be 1024x768 fixed and full screen.  I am hoping it has "windowed mode" support at least but can't find it in options.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Grimmstede,

The game runs in a fixed resolution: 1024x768. No windowed mode at present that I'm aware of at least.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Hey guys:

We have no windowed mode offered at this time. I realize 1024 x 768 is a bit behind BUT this was a little ahead of the resolution curve when this thing was in design (That time thing again! My bad) but I also intentionally used exclusive mode to maximize scrolling / graphical speed. Windowed mode was slower. You can ALT-TAB yourself around to move to other apps and it should work cleanly.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Øystein

Post by Øystein »

Hopefully you will add in more resolution and/or window mode support in the future. Widescreen monitors is close to the norm for users these days, and most prefer not to have their games stretched to fit it.

Stewart

Post by Stewart »

How about wide screen compatablity?
Stewart Bragg
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

It works fine on our widescreen test systems, though it's not running in native widescreen resolution.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Peeking Duck?

Post by Peeking Duck? »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It works fine on our widescreen test systems, though it's not running in native widescreen resolution.

Not to be pedantic, but does that mean you do not expect to incorporate high res/wide res display options for this title?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We don't have plans either for or against that, right now we're just focused on addressing any critical post-release issues and moving on from there.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”