Question about production

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

jadam12

Question about production

Post by jadam12 »

Greetings,
I'll be able to buy a game or two in a few days once I finally get my proper credit card. I have been checking these boards for a long time now as well as others (TOAW3 for example) and this game seems very interesting for me.
I understand from some previous posts that towns, cities, capitols, etc. give you production points, but what about manpower and resources? Are they abstracted to these production points?
Should the german player consider economical questions in the grand campaign (I'm not entirely sure, but is there a scenario covering the entire WW2 in europe?)?
Does oil, rare materials and other resources (or the lack of it) play any part in the game?

Thanks
SMK-at-work

RE: Question about production

Post by SMK-at-work »

Manpower and resources are not in any of the scenarios that ship with the game, but apparently they can be designed in if you are clever enough.
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
jadam12

RE: Question about production

Post by jadam12 »

Great, thanks SMK-at-work for the swift reply.
This game looks better and better with every AAR and review read.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”