Members Area and Support E-mail Issues Resolved

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Erik Rutins

Members Area and Support E-mail Issues Resolved

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

Some reports from customers that they weren't getting support lead to some additional investigation on our side.

The result is quite embarrassing, but let me lay out what my investigation turned up. First, when we last reset our mail server, the spam filter settings were also somehow reset on the membersarea@matrixgames.com account. This was effectively filtering out at least 2/3rds of non-spam customer support messages on the server side and the person checking that account didn't realize this and wasn't checking the server filter. We just looked at what was on the server side and there are an appalling number of members support messages there. It's fixed now and we will be catching up with these over the course of the next day.

Second, our primary support@matrixgames.com person had a computer glitch a week ago that required a reinstallation. He was only offline and not checking messages for a day, but his client-side spam settings were reset in the process. He didn't realize this either somehow and the result was that for the last week many of the messages from customers and those I've been forwarding him were ending up in his spam filter.

This should never have happened, it required several layers of failure. I'm very sorry to all that were affected. We're going through and responding to all the "lost" messages as quickly as we can, please realize that because of this fiasco with spam settings, our support people really weren't seeing your messages. They were answering those they saw and not ignoring anyone. It's our policy to not have any spam filtering setup on any support accounts, but in this case due to a server glitch and a computer reinstallation they were inadvertently re-enabled.

To fix this for good, we're just about done setting up a new Help Desk which will replace our e-mail support entirely. We hope to have this online during the holidays so that we can make sure every help request is trackable by both the customer and our staff.

If you have a pending support request to either membersarea@matrixgames.com or support@matrixgames.com that has gone more than 24 hours without an answer, we would appreciate it if you re-sent it just to be sure.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
leastonh1

RE: Members Area and Support E-mail Issues Resolved

Post by leastonh1 »

Thanks for the info. Does this problem include jobs@matrixgames too?
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
JAMiAM

RE: Members Area and Support E-mail Issues Resolved

Post by JAMiAM »

This thread is a prime candidate for being pinned to the top of every sub-forum. At least for a week, or two. I don't know that they all need to be active. You could probably lock them all, and have a link to this one so any comments are collected in a single place. Just a suggestion.

Return to “General Discussion”