2007 TGN Reader’s Choice Awards

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

2007 TGN Reader’s Choice Awards

Post by Kuokkanen »

Vote is on! Classic BattleTech Introductory Box Set has well deserved lead. It's like all of active CBT community has risen to cast their vote for the newest and greatest BattleTech box edition ever! Marginal victory isn't good for us, for we are aiming for Decisive Victory! So suit up, move out, and cast your vote!
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=11311
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
ravinhood

RE: 2007 TGN Reader’s Choice Awards

Post by ravinhood »

The only Mech game I ever got into a long long time ago was a game called "Cyber Empires" a turn based strategic game of taking over provinces and then a fast paced battle game to resolve who got them. I remember the Titan was my favorite bot. But, after that I never was much of  fan of bot wars just too unrealistic. Plus I got tired of the real time jerk fest that all those types of games became. But, I did notice "Massive Assault" is like .99 cents at Amazon.com I might pick that one up since I read it's turn based.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

The only Mech game I ever got into a long long time ago was a game called "Cyber Empires" a turn based strategic game of taking over provinces and then a fast paced battle game to resolve who got them. I remember the Titan was my favorite bot. But, after that I never was much of fan of bot wars just too unrealistic. Plus I got tired of the real time jerk fest that all those types of games became. But, I did notice "Massive Assault" is like .99 cents at Amazon.com I might pick that one up since I read it's turn based.

LOL Ravinhood, I would buy you a drink now !!!

I am biggest fan of Cyber Empires. In Europe that game was called Steel Empire. I still have PC version.

My friends and I played that to death on Amiga! It was many sleepless nights!

BTW, as I was game journalist I met all my gaming heroes including Sid Meier and many others face to face.

I have also met Silicon Knights developers of Cyber Empires.

It was in 1997. I think. They were so proud when I said to them that this game was one of my favorite. Denis Dyack still send me a Christmas card every year.

One of best multiplayer games ever. There was also a sequel called Fantasy Empires.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Hey guys... why are you talking about computer games? Games on vote are miniature games!
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I actually voted for AT-43 (sorry Matti) - pre-painted non-random minis, fun rules, it's a breath of fresh air for sci-fi wargamers with less time on thier hands.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Great why don't you make a computer game out of it Erik? ;)

@Monkey Brains. Yes that's what I played it on also and one of my best friends also enjoyed it. Hell everytime he came over after I got it that's all he wanted to play. I finally had to tell him it messed up and wouldn't load anymore because I got it too close to a magnet. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

It's final round to vote the favourite miniature game! Classic BattleTech practically owned previous round with almost twice as many votes of the 2nd place! Let's see if that happens again [:D]

Anyways go, and vote!
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=11451

MekWars
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

I am biggest fan of Cyber Empires. In Europe that game was called Steel Empire. I still have PC version.

My friends and I played that to death on Amiga! It was many sleepless nights!

Battlemech on the Amiga ... what, the sun is coming up ... just one more game.

Titans of Steel is a lot like it, but Matrix Games has not updated it since the programmers dropped the project.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Battlemech on the Amiga ... what, the sun is coming up ... just one more game.
Yes, MechForce. I have heard and read about it, but never got to play it cuz I haven't ever had Amiga. Anyways today best (and only) computer game that follows rules of Classic BattleTech to letter, is MegaMek.

Would you like to know more?

MekWars
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

We regret to inform you that due to suspicions of cheating and vote fraud in regards to the voting in both rounds of the 2007 TGN Reader’s Choice Awards that the staff of Tabletop Gaming News no longer feel comfortable with putting the TGN name to the results of these votes.

As such we are not going to be awarding any Reader’s Choice Awards this year. We are still working on the 2007 Editor’s Choice Award and will also be working on an article outlining some of our favourite releases from this year.

We’d like to thank all those people who submitted nominations and comments. And also those who only voted once. To those of you bragging about using an entire lab worth of computers to rig the voting, well thanks for screwing it all up for everyone. Hope you’re satisfied with the results of your actions.
2nd highest voted game was getting too close of CBT, so it's easy to believe [:-]

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”