Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Alex Fiedler

Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event!

Post by Alex Fiedler »

There’s nothing like a little wargaming to put everyone in the holiday spirit!

With a mighty “Ho! Ho! Ho!”, Matrix Games is spreading holiday joy by announcing their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! From midnight on the night of November 26th through midnight on January 7th, gamers around the globe will be able to purchase over a dozen popular titles available from Matrix Games at a special 25% holiday discount.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Ok, so this sale doesn’t involve me dressing in a Santa Claus outfit and handing out some of our best products to everyone at the local mall, but it’s pretty close! Our Game on Demand boxed copy is a perfect present for your favorite wargamer and is quite easy to gift wrap!”

Looking for an extra few stocking stuffers for the extended family? Sports fans would be delighted to find PureSim Baseball 2007 or Maximum Football v2 wrapped and ready to play under their Christmas tree. Why not stay in touch with gamer friends and family through play by email gaming (PBEM)? Matrix Games offers a wide selection of titles that support PBEM as well as TCP/IP play which give players a convenient and easy way to connect through gaming with distant family and old friends. Try games like Advanced Tactics: WWII, Battlefront or The Operational Art of War III to catch up with that uncle or buddy who lives halfway across the country while royally pummeling him with your Panzers at the same time! It’s the best of both worlds, not to mention bragging rights for next year…

Get more information on any of these great Matrix Games titles from MatrixGames.com. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

cdbeck

RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event!

Post by cdbeck »

Not to be picky... but the press release says to "try games like Advanced Tactics: WWII" but Advanced Tactics is not on the sale list. Is this an accidental mistake?

I'm interested in Close Combat: Cross of Iron. Is the sale price already reflected on the store or do I need to enter a code? Right now I am seeing $29.99 for DL price.

Thanks,
SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort
Not to be picky... but the press release says to "try games like Advanced Tactics: WWII" but Advanced Tactics is not on the sale list. Is this an accidental mistake?

A mistake of sorts - that part of the press release was not intending to list games that were on sale, but rather games that were simply good gift ideas. In hindsight, I can see how it causes confusion.
I'm interested in Close Combat: Cross of Iron. Is the sale price already reflected on the store or do I need to enter a code? Right now I am seeing $29.99 for DL price.

As with all our games, the price is already reflected once the sale starts. Yesterday, CC:COI was selling for $39.99, today it's $29.99.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Gylve

Post by Gylve »

Hmmm I cant find the list of games... Maybe because Im tired? Where is it? I want to spend some money [:)] 
BlindOldUmp

Post by BlindOldUmp »

ORIGINAL: Gylve
Hmmm I cant find the list of games... Maybe because Im tired? Where is it? I want to spend some money [:)] 
You MUST be tired. See the first post on this thread .....
Gylve

Post by Gylve »

Ha ha ha sorry... [&o]
Col Klink

Post by Col Klink »

Is SPWAW General's Edition reflecting a 25% discount at $52.99 for digital download?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, it's original price two days ago was $69.99 for the digital download. Believe me, all the prices for the holiday sale games have already been adjusted.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mashkis

Post by mashkis »

So was BIN $64 original price? That seems pretty high since the CD version is $47.99 now.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

BIN was originally $49.99 Download / $59.99 Physical - the discount is based on the Digital price, then we add $10 as usual for the physical copy.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

Ok, I don't undestand how you could have this sale and not include Highway to the Reich or Korson Pocket.

You are selling HTTR for $49.99 still when another site is selling the game brand new for $17.90 and it is in stock.

You are selling KP for $29.99 and another site is selling the game brand new for $9.99 and it is in stock.

When you are not discounting games that other retailers are selling for less than half of what you are asking regular price when you are running a "sale", why should I consider buying through you at all?

I am not trying to start a flame war, but this doesn't make sense.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ranger,

It's simple, don't buy those games if you don't want to. I'm not being flip, that's honestly what I'd expect you to do. Both HTTR and KP were at one point retail releases. For that reason, they still are quite present in the secondary market, which favors "bargain bin" prices. The versions out there generally come in retail boxes with old printed manuals and a CD protection system that requires the CD to play. They are also not updated. Still, for some having the printed manual is a significant plus and it's the only way to get it right now for those games as we're out of retail stock ourselves. I'm sure quite a few folks have bought their copies that way and that's fine with us.

Our direct versions are completely up to date with the latest updates and use our no-CD serial system. The retail versions no longer contribute anything to the developers, buying direct from us does. For any of those many reasons, some folks choose to buy direct.

The vast majority of our titles never went retail and are not available through the secondary market. In those cases, the discount here is quite valuable when you consider that you're not going to find them anywhere else any cheaper on a regular basis.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

I never looked at it from that perspective; thanks for the insight.
Col Klink

Post by Col Klink »

Thanks, Erik.  I was interested in SPWAW so I wanted to make sure specifically before I decided whether or not to purchase it.  I was not sure of the previous price but I can see it being a little more expensive with all that you get with it.  Thanks for your response.
Ron Belcher

Post by Ron Belcher »

Wondering if we'll see Carriers @ War given a Holiday discount!? Or, are we limited
to just what was listed? Forgive me for asking. I don't want to get labled a "troll".[;)]
Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Carriers at War will not be on sale this year, sorry.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Well...I tell you for how much I got War Plan Orange, War in the Pacific, Steel PAnthers General's Ed, World at War, Battles in Normandy and Battles in Itay....in Poland, where I live, these games were released in English language by Nicolas Games - first for 19.90 PLN, each box containing a CD with a given game and CD key.From one of other vendors I bought each of these games,brand new and sealed, for 9.90 Polish Zloty.Dollar costs about 2.5 Polish Zloty today.Go figure. 59.4 PLN = 24 dollars for all these six games. Now that is a discount;)

Mac
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I guess you can be thankful we said yes to that Poland deal a while ago!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Macca

Post by Macca »

It is absolutely awesome;)
Col Klink

Post by Col Klink »

Yeah.  I would say that is awesome.  Maybe we should ask for Polish diplomats to negotiate on behalf of Americans.

Return to “General Discussion”