Unable to Register Original World at War

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Defcon4

Unable to Register Original World at War

Post by Defcon4 »

I have the retail boxed version of Gary Grigsby's World at War and would like to register my serial number in Matrix's Members Area. The problem is the Members Area only recognizes the follow-on product "World at War: A World Divided" and won't accept my serial number from the original product. I also no longer see any patches for the original World at War in the Support Section and there's only a Forum for the World Divided edition.

What's up with that? Does Matrix no longer support their original Gary Grigsby offering?
SkyElf

RE: Unable to Register Original World at War

Post by SkyElf »

I'm also interested since I bought the same version only?
A True Gamer to the Core!
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: DefCon3
I have the retail boxed version of Gary Grigsby's World at War and would like to register my serial number in Matrix's Members Area.

About the only thing registering a game adds is the ability to download betas of the patches. As this game isn't going to be patched anymore I think the powers that be decided that nobody was going to bother registering it anymore.
ORIGINAL: DefCon3
I also no longer see any patches for the original World at War

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/GaryGrigs ... -v1202.zip

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Defcon4

Post by Defcon4 »

You're probably right about the patches Eddy but I thought the member service was also there to help buyers retrieve lost/forgotten serial numbers when they need to re-install games purchased from Matrix.

I appreciate the link to the FTP site - didn't know that existed.

Appreciate your help.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

You're right, that should not have been disabled just because the game was discontinued. I'll check on what happened there.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”