Status of official patch release? Where are we now with the public Beta?

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Longstreet_slith

Status of official patch release? Where are we now with the public Beta?

Post by Longstreet_slith »

I have been following comments with the Public Beta....and have been playing myself. It looks as if it is pretty ready to go, with some minor bugs found and being corrected. How close are we to release of the official patch?

Thanks,
Longstreet
ericbabe

RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now with the public Beta?

Post by ericbabe »

There are only about five things left to do in my to-do list for this, only one of which is a critical game item.  I also have two save games with potential problems that I still need to look at.  I'm hoping to get a new build up by early next week.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

We've also wanted to give those of you testing the public beta patch enough time to catch any traces of the National Will bug that we believe has been stamped out. I'm assuming that the lack of complaints about N.W. not changing after successful sieges of cities means that the problem is indeed gone -- it certainly appears that this is the case.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Just to update y'all... Eric has made some additional changes based on recent reports, changes that had to be made before we could release the patch. (Whoever invented public beta-testing was a genius!) If this all tests well, then we've got ourselves a patch. Shouldn't be too long, so keep checking back.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

Awesome. Looking forward to playing the newest patch. I really enjoyed the couple of games I played with the beta.
Longstreet_slith

Any chance for the public release of the patch in time for the Thanksgiving break? Hope, hope....[&o]

Longstreet
Longstreet_slith

Any word? Are we close to a Thanksgiving present? [&o]

-Longstreet [;)]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We are going to stick with the public beta version through Thanksgiving. We believe this will be the same as the official version. We're working to coordinate a release with a few other elements post-Thanksgiving to hopefully get FOF a bit more attention as far as all the improvements that have happened in the year since its original release. The delay is not for additional coding or changes, it's just to make it a better release in terms of promotion.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

So what this means is that those people who tend to shun beta patches and wait for the gold release can go to the Members area and get this beta patch and feel pretty secure that they're playing the equivalent of an officially released patch. We have no plans to make further changes to it at this point (barring something unforeseen, like a new CTD being discovered).
desertstorm

Post by desertstorm »

Hallo Gil, can you mail me the new beta patch? I can not new register my FOF because i have changed my Username and email adress. After many mails to the matrix support, there is still no help or response from there.
Manfred Meyer
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

I have a hunch that this post will get someone's attention. Perhaps that will solve matters.

I'm not even sure if I'd be able to e-mail it, since it's more than 10MB, and my e-mail account doesn't like sending such big files.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: desertstorm
Hallo Gil, can you mail me the new beta patch? I can not new register my FOF because i have changed my Username and email adress. After many mails to the matrix support, there is still no help or response from there.

Are you e-mailing us at support@matrixgames.com? Drop me an e-mail and I'll see if we've received anything from you. Everything that is received here is generally answered.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
desertstorm

Post by desertstorm »

OK, Erik the email is on the way!  I have send three mails in the last 10 days to the matrix support, but no answer.
Manfred Meyer
desertstorm

Post by desertstorm »

Can someone mail me the beta patch please?
Manfred Meyer
desertstorm

Post by desertstorm »

Very nice support here! Many Thanks
Manfred Meyer
CeltiCid

Post by CeltiCid »

you can download the public beta patch in the members area in this web, after you registered into, and registered your game.

more instruccions here:

tm.asp?m=1412553
desertstorm

Post by desertstorm »

My problem is i can not new register my FOF after i have changend my user and email adress!
after a lot of mails to the matrix support, there is no message
Manfred Meyer
Longstreet_slith

Hi Erik,

So...where are we now regarding the official release of the patch? [8|] I noticed that someone reported a cavalry charging crash situation and that was going to be looked at.

Just wondering....[;)]

Thanks,
-Longstreet [:)]
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

The cavalry crash is fairly rare (it only seems to happen sometimes when cavalry charges cavalry), so we shan't delay the patch over this.  We will look into fixing this problem though in a subsequent patch.
Longstreet_slith

Sounds good! The only reason I am asking so much about the public release is that I cannot access the final Beta patch through the members area. I legitimately own the game and when I try to register it, I receive the message "key already in use". [:@] I have emailed tech support -- a number of days ago -- but have never received a response or help. [&:] So...I have to wait for the official patch, I guess. I have my game serial number if someone at Matrix would register the game for me so I could download the patch from the members section....[&o]

-Longstreet

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”