Vics simple Tutorial 101

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

rickier65

Vics simple Tutorial 101

Post by rickier65 »

I've been going through Vics simple tutorial. I started making notes on different screens and how they fit together while going through it. I decided about half way through to put my notes together in a little more neater presentation. (rather than the handwritten notes on the printout of the PDF).

The result is about 27 pages in Word doc. which I've converted back into PDF format. It goes through Vics tutorial, but expanding some areas - some I thought were interesting, others based on questions I saw posted in here. It has about 29-30 screen captures (most are just the parts of the screen with important things noted).

I also went ahead and created tables with the OOB, and city data and a suitable map overlay, in the event someone else would want to create the entire Scenario by hand.

In any event, it's too large to post here, but if anyone is interested, drop me a PM. (I'ts about 5,400 KB).

I dont know what the size limts are on the Adv. Tactics community site, I'll check and post there if the size is ok.

I'm going to start in on the next one in the series (I'm waiting for the next patch, the scenario I'm working on needs to have troops embarked on a ship - so I'm learning more about the editor while I wait for that to get put into 1.1). I plan on going through them all along with the ones from TWeber.

I suspect I'll be able to do what I need without the next patch, once I understand Events better.

In any event, if anyone is interested in my doc, let me know.

I'm really having a blast with this game, I'm reliving the glory days of pouring over the old RUN 5 issues when they first came out. I've even dug out some of my old S&T mags.

Thanks for the fun Vic - I've already more than got my money's worth.
Rick
Erik Rutins

RE: Vics simple Tutorial 101

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hey Rick,

Go ahead and e-mail it to me at erikr@matrixgames.com along with how you want to be credited and I'll post it up for everyone else to enjoy.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hey Rick,

Go ahead and e-mail it to me at erikr@matrixgames.com along with how you want to be credited and I'll post it up for everyone else to enjoy.

Regards,

- Erik

It's on it's way.

Thanks
Rick
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

It could also be posted at the AT community site (advancedtactics.org), if Vic allows... I suspect you can upload it right away ! [;)]
PDF
Vic

Post by Vic »

no uploading of docs. i'll put it up soon.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

It can be uploaded as zip IIRC ?
PDF
Vic

Post by Vic »

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Sorry i put up the wrong link on the documents page. will change it soon. it tried to it to fast :(

anyway here is a direct link to the better version of the simple 101:
http://www.advancedtactics.org/docs/101extra.pdf

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”