BG ACW Best game Poll

John Tiller's Battleground Series is a Hall of Fame lineup of games covering the Civil War and Napoleonic Wars. We've compiled these classic games into two new affordable collections, incorporating updated versions of these legendary titles. Incredible historical gameplay and great value!
acwbuff63

BG ACW Best game Poll

Post by acwbuff63 »

Which of the ACW BG games do you consider to be the overall best, and why?
rhondabrwn

RE: BG ACW Best game Poll

Post by rhondabrwn »

BG Gettysburg is #1 for me.

Probably because I've been to the battlefield about six times and really know the history. The challenge of changing the outcome is irresistible. Somehow, the other battles have never quite grabbed me the same way, though Shiloh would be my second choice because of the challenge of the 1st day surprise and the 2nd day counterattack. Bull Run and Antietam have never really interested me that much. Chickamauga is good, but it has a certain blandness to it... the battle could be happening anywhere there is a stream and a lot of woods... but Gettysburg... That is a unique field of battle, one which is instantly recognizable. Plenty of terrain features and a good combination of defensive positions (woods, ridges, hills, town, stone walls) and open ground for maneuver and large firefights and grand assaults.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Luciano B

Post by Luciano B »

I would say BG Bull Run; mainly because the huge and beautiful map, and also because it includes some of the most balanced scenarios of the whole serie.
AlvinS

Post by AlvinS »

Antietam would be my first choice with Bull Run a close second. I love the South Mountain scenario in Antietam and have played that one many times. At the moment I am on Bull Run playing the 1st Bull Run scenario and having a blast. I am glad to finally have all of the BG series in one place.

Thank you Matrix!
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

Return to “John Tiller's Battleground Series”