No movement animations?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
jomni

No movement animations?

Post by jomni »

Hi, when I order my troops to move, there is no movement animation. If they are prone, they will move across the map in prone position (not even crawling animation). If the order is Move Fast, they will travel across the map quickly but still in prone position. This is not what is presented in the video in AAR section.

I'm using: Vista and Nvidia GeForce 8400GS at 1440 x 900 resolution.
msinnot1

RE: No movement animations?

Post by msinnot1 »

ORIGINAL: jomni

Hi, when I order my troops to move, there is no movement animation. If they are prone, they will move across the map in prone position (not even crawling animation). If the order is Move Fast, they will travel across the map quickly but still in prone position. This is not what is presented in the video in AAR section.

I'm using: Vista and Nvidia GeForce 8400GS at 1440 x 900 resolution.

What speed setting are your games set to? I noticed the exact same problem when playing on either slow or medium speed. The animations worked correctly when the game is set to fast. The developers will need to comment on whether this is a bug a a "Works As Designed" issue. I hope it is bug as I would prefer to play on a slower setting.

jomni

Post by jomni »

Ah yes. Speed was originally set to medium but now set to fast and the animations are good. Definitely a bug that can be replicated here.
zon

Post by zon »

If you guys are talking about infantry sprites seemingly floating about without any movements of their limbs, I've seen it numerous times now and on fast speed setting.
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

So this is a confirmed bug then? That is surely a dissapointment...sliding units[:(].
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Neil N

Post by Neil N »

I have not seen it, but it sounds like some people are.
If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun.
Grumbling Grogn

Post by Grumbling Grogn »

Ditto for myself as well. Had not noticed it did 'not' occur on fast until now however (I rarely do fast). Thanks!

Looking forward to the updates/mods.

GG
The Grumbling Grognard
Raven302

Post by Raven302 »

I usually see it when a crew is running "sliding" away from a brewing vehicle. [;)]
Cantata

Post by Cantata »

Well even now, 5 months and one large patch later, the animation problem persists.  That is to say, they seem to work on the Fast game setting, but not on the slower settings.  Oh well, I can play on the faster setting, but it would be nice to choose a slower speed and things work as expected.  It never occured to me how much that could take away from the game until I bought this version and noticed the missing animations right off the bat.

My favorite CC game is still IV:Battle of the Bulge. 
"Violence... the supreme authority, from which all other authority is derived."
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I have never seen it.

It must be connected to some graphics cards and not others.

I use WIN XP with a Nivida graphics card.

-
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

It is noted that "slower" speeds animations are not always working.

The game is designed to be played in "real" time, which is the "fast" speed.
ImageImage
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

What does "noted" mean to the people seeing the bug?

"Real" time might indeed equal fast and be the preferred/tested setting but it is still sounds like a bug.... 
Andrew Williams

It is noted and placed on the reported bug list.
ImageImage
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

I just bought this game, dl'd the patch and found the same issue. I came here about to post and found this thread.

How...freakin....lame! [:-]

Is this going to be fixed? If so, when?

I cannot tell you how dissappointing it is find something a bug so longstanding and obvious in a Matrix title. It completely kills the immersion value and fun to see my soldiers skidding along the dirt in prone postion.
Andrew Williams

It is noted and placed on the reported bug list.

As the recommended speed setting is Fast which approximates actual time the bug is not designated as urgent.

CCMT is real time tactical and the Fast speed setting is the only speed that approximates this.

The slower speed settings are seen as learner or beginner options and really take away from the experience the game has to offer.

I've been playing this series since 1999 and I don't know anyone who plays on anything but the Fast speed setting.

But, again, it is noted and will be dealt with accordingly.

Andrew
ImageImage
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

I've been playing this series since 1999 and I don't know anyone who plays on anything but the Fast speed setting.

Andrew

So have I, Andrew. Every CC that I've purchased has always been played on the slower settings - Including COI - And they all worked.

Please don't try and spin this like I'm some sort of freak for not choosing the setting you prefer, or the one people you know prefer.
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

While this is my first post here I am a long-time CC player (since CCII). I just purchased CCMT and I must say that the non-movement animations on slower speeds is quite annoying. I can appreciate that it was meant to be played on 'fast' speed, however it is the only version of CC that I'm aware of with this issue. I do usually play at fast speed, yet there are times (especially at the start of a battle) that I like to slow it down a bit.

Anyway, I don't mean to harp on this point as Andrew has mentioned that it has been noted... just thought I'd add my $0.02 (CDN).
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

It's been nearly 12 months - How is that warping on the ground thing coming?

If 'fast' is normal - Why is it called fast?
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

Wonder if SavageCDN appreciated is first purchase here at Matrix. Doenst seem like he has been back since, does it.  This game was $39   [:-]
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Well technically it's my third purchase (I also bought CCII and CCV) but don't hold that against me :) That being said I haven't played CCMT since as I find it too annoying compared to other CC titles. Looks like there is a 'new' one out too - CCWaR, but I will be obtaining it by 'other means' before I decide to buy.

Return to “Tech Support”