Editor Question

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
OldBoney

Editor Question

Post by OldBoney »

This probably has a simple answer. In the editor on the ship class screen there is a process for assigning topdown and profile animations. The manual doesn't deal with this at all, but I think I figured out at least part of it.

Still I don't understand the function of the "c" and "p" buttons? Do they have something to do with making the animations "stick"? I say this because some changes don't seem to save when I save the scenario.
Kiwi Red One

RE: Editor Question

Post by Kiwi Red One »

Hi Old Boney

Have a look at these threads about adding ships and planes, they might be of some help to you:

tm.asp?m=1495356

tm.asp?m=1494027

I'd also suggest looking at some of the scenarios in the game as the ships there are fully developed. If you are creating a new scenario or adding new ones to an existing scenario you need to add all the animations/sprites properly to the .srf file.

The SSG guys have promised to write up a "how to" guide on adding ships and planes at some stage.....[;)]

Playing with the editor can be a frustrating business but I've found there are some very helpful people on this board....if you have problems just ask and I'm sure help is available.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Cheers
KRO

OldBoney

RE: Editor Question

Post by OldBoney »

Well the "c" & "p" buttons copy and paste... duh! I'm not sure what my problem was with the saving of the animations was. Seems to be 'ok now.

I wasn't trying to add new resources.... just trying to manipulate the exsisting game resources.
mingohh

RE: How to add ship/plane easy

Post by mingohh »

About new planes or ship here is how i do it
I Have a copy of the ressoursses file in a other folder on the harddisk.
When the image is done. i start caw go to the editor. open resoursse an find a class plane or ship simmily close to my new making. and just modify the  name in tex and sprites. when this is done leve caw and go into the dir of caw find the open resoursse map and find the ship/plane name you choose to alter and rename it to yours and VOILA the plane/ship has all animation on. and you can then  copy the original file you alter back to ressourses in caw dir. start caws editor and open a scenario and go to the ships/plane class and make your new item and then alter its state. 
I have a scenario call All_New there i put everything i make with new ship/planes and their state because it easy to copy the ship/plane into scenarioes.
I alwas restart the game when i have rename or added some thinks for i belive that this is the sure way to let the game root update files if nesessary hopes this help you and other
Sorry for my english
The little things in life, make a huge different
Gregor_SSG

Post by Gregor_SSG »

The next patch will have a guide, with templates included, on how to master all the editor functions to do with manipulating the games resources, along with some interface improvements to help with the scenario creation process.

Gregor
Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.
OldBoney

Post by OldBoney »

Any word on the status of the next patch? How far is it from release?

Return to “Carriers at War Support”