A Beginners Guide To Random Maps... By A Beginner!!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

icering

RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!!

Post by icering »

hello,im a beginner,i want to upload a HQ to a cargoship,but it said too heavy,there were only 10 staff,is there anyway to move them oversea?
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

10 staff is an easy carry for a cargo ship (they have capacity of 50) - but the HQ might have been carrying a lot of supplies too??  I'm not sure what the weight of a unit of supplies is - in fact I'm not absolutely sure that they have weight...but I expect they do...
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
SlowHand

Post by SlowHand »

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work
 --- snip --- I'm not sure what the weight of a unit of supplies is - in fact I'm not absolutely sure that they have weight...but I expect they do...

They do. I just ran into this issue in a PBEM game, where I was transferring Supplies to an HQ in the field with Trucks: I'm pretty sure it was 50 units = Load Value of 1.

I'll confirm this when my opponent returns my turn.

@ IceRing: did your Cargo Ship already have other Units on board? That would have caused you to receive the message that the HQ was too heavy.
icering

Post by icering »

thanks for help,it was caused by the supplies.
But,if we loaded a HQ in cargoships and move them on the sea,then supplies and troops being sent to the HQ automatically everyturn,i wonder if they can move when the weight of HQ exceeded the loadage of cargoships?by the way,how to make screenshot pls?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Who is on the little yellow island in the bottom?
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Westheim

Post by Westheim »

Japan. Wonder if they died alone there. [8D]
Don't be scared - I'm almost sure that I just want to play!
Peterk1

Post by Peterk1 »

<Sigh> Everyone always stops their AARs right before they get clobbered.

:)
IRONCROM

Post by IRONCROM »

I'd say he's doing pretty good...[:D]
Peterk1

Post by Peterk1 »

Yeah but nothing for 4 days. He's probably getting clobbered and doesn't want to show us!
The thing is....I'm going to buy the game the second I see the AI clobber someone.....so I hope he shares.

Kipper

Post by Kipper »

I think with the English nearly finished off he would have been on a par with the Russians, unless they showed up with some huge armies/tech advantages and hit a knock-out blow...
jjax

Post by jjax »

ORIGINAL: Peterk1

Yeah but nothing for 4 days. He's probably getting clobbered and doesn't want to show us!
The thing is....I'm going to buy the game the second I see the AI clobber someone.....so I hope he shares.

Well then.... To bad you didnt see my last two games,[:D]
--JJAX

Warspite3

Post by Warspite3 »

ORIGINAL: Peterk1

Well, peterk1 maybe I can do some postings on one of my games since I have lost in the worst way 4 times in a row. I will tell you I am pretty good too but I was setting everything like dave had in his game in these games I played. I even used all AI+. I have no clue how dave has managed to survive for as long as he has! My games were so bad I had to surrender everytime and man they are so much fun I am speechless. [:D] I can imagine how much fun they will be when I actually win. [8|] Hey how about it people? Want to see me play a game? I will play as hard as I can and when I lose maybe someone can give me tips but I really think I am pretty good now, still completely open to tips of course.
-Warspite3-
dave74

Post by dave74 »

Sorry for not updating guys, ive had a busy few days. I will get back to this probably tommorow, no plans to stop playing, just no time unfortunately.
Peterk1

Post by Peterk1 »

It's OK everyone...no need to post your humiliations.&nbsp; I finally broke down and got it. Well into my first game against normal AI. It's fun, in a hard to explain sort of way.

But there is a bit of a lack of AARs on the board showing some of the AI sneakiness. Too bad Viktor's game in Italy wasn't finished...looked like it was pushing him back nicely in that one.
Lipa

Post by Lipa »

Dave, this is an outstanding AAR! I'm new to this game, just bought it as a Christmas gift to myself&nbsp;[:D], and now I'm trying to grasp the basics (I'm a long-time fan of Civ and Steel Panthers, so in a way, this is the mix I've been waiting for). Anyway, I must say this AAR is much, much more informative than any tutorial or training scenario! I'm really learning stuff!!!

Great job, keep up the good work! Cheers!
Philistine2

Post by Philistine2 »

I bought it a couple of weeks ago--but it was largely a result of having read this AAR. (Been somewhat interested in it before, but didn't realize the scope of random games and the mechanics).

Well done!

--Philistine
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

What ever happened to this?
balto

Another incredible AAR

Post by balto »

Man, this game attracts the best AARs.&nbsp; Thanks, that is it, I am purchasing this ASAP.&nbsp; Thank you very much.
dave74

RE: Another incredible AAR

Post by dave74 »

hello guys,

Although i didnt get to finish this, i have just re-read it and would like to thank everyone for their kind comments and also explain why i didnt get finished.

At the time of writing this AAR i was recovering from a major operation and was coming to the end of 4-5 months off work. I have now been back at work since december and am back into playing pc games again now i have my feet under the table again, so to speak.

So, Sorry for not finishing guys, but again thanks for all the comments.

Dave
Jeffrey H.

RE: Another incredible AAR

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: dave74

hello guys,

Although i didnt get to finish this, i have just re-read it and would like to thank everyone for their kind comments and also explain why i didnt get finished.

At the time of writing this AAR i was recovering from a major operation and was coming to the end of 4-5 months off work. I have now been back at work since december and am back into playing pc games again now i have my feet under the table again, so to speak.

So, Sorry for not finishing guys, but again thanks for all the comments.

Dave

Dave - Take care of yourself. Be healthy, post more AARs !
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “After Action Reports”