Random Scenario Glitch

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Magpius

Random Scenario Glitch

Post by Magpius »

random scenarios
a 30x30 grid.
2 or 3 teams
85% land.
I ran through 10 generated maps and 2 had 70-80% water, minimal landmass.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
Westheim

RE: Random Scenario Glitch

Post by Westheim »

Shit happens. Wasn't any different with PT, and isn't all too different with any other game. As long as you're free to skip the map anyway, I'm not too disturbed by this little flaw.
Don't be scared - I'm almost sure that I just want to play!
SlowHand

Post by SlowHand »

What "River Level" did you select? In a previous thread someone said they were putting in River Levels of 40 or 50 and getting the same kins of result.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

River level set as default.
I'm not too concerned by this anomalie, if the random game map is not what I'm after, I just generate another.
Just raising the issue as an observation; little else.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
tremy

Post by tremy »

I suspect slowhand was refering to my post from a couple of days ago.
To clarify.I started at rivers 10 as I wanted several river lines to defend and assumed that 10 meant roughly ten percent.
As my maps were rarely producing the rivers, I gradually increased to rivers 60 where I decide to have ten attempts,several still had one ,two or no rivers.
Random maps that I can influence in their general characteristics seems to me to be a major selling point for this fine game and I am grateful to Vic, for saying he would look at the problem.
SlowHand

Post by SlowHand »

It's good you brought this up: all my Random map games so far have been built using the no-peek "Shroud" option, using my "within constraints" levels for terrain features. Maps so far have all been reasonable (about 8-9), but maybe I've been lucky?
Vic

Post by Vic »

The ammount of rivers also strongly depends on the ammount of mountains around.

So if you want more rivers remember to set mountains high and also Land mass high... islands and rivers dont go well together.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

here are 2 out of 8 generated...
and
note: river level is ZERO.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”