A New Empires in Arms After Action Report Now Available!

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

SeanD

A New Empires in Arms After Action Report Now Available!

Post by SeanD »

Get a glimpse at the addicting strategic game play found in this highly anticipated Napoleonics title.

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group (www.a-d-g.com.au) are thrilled to announce that they have released a new after action report for the highly anticipated Napoleonic strategy title, Empires in Arms! This latest AAR details the interesting strategic situation presented while playing as Great Britain. The AAR comes complete with screenshots and some high resolution videos that show the gameplay unfolding in all its glory! Check out the AAR from this page.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said of the AAR "This AAR comes complete with some really informative and interesting videos. This sort of utilization of multimedia in getting the word out about our products is precisely the step we're looking to go in. I hope gamers enjoy this interesting AAR, it really does give a vivid impression of what's to come with the full game!"

Take command of one of the many factions in early 19th century Europe! Empires in Arms is a grand strategy turn-based race to prove which leader is the greatest in Europe. In their bid for mastery over the continent, players can finish what Napoleon could not or stop the military genius quicker than history did! Diplomacy and economics will be the sharp blade and ferocious cannon to aid military might as players charge across the continent any of the major powers in 18th century Europe! France, Great Britain, Prussia, Turkey, Russia, Spain and Austria all stand ready with their full resources and militaries for the player to take command and put to rest their enemies across the world’s most powerful continent. As the player conquers their weaker foes, they can use the money and resources from the fallen nations to further recruit new units and replenish their ranks.

Read the AAR here.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Grollub

RE: A New Empires in Arms After Action Report Now Available!

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: SeanD

Get a glimpse at the addicting strategic game play found in this highly anticipated Napoleonics title.

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group (www.a-d-g.com.au) are thrilled to announce that they have released a new after action report for the highly anticipated Napoleonic strategy title, Empires in Arms! This latest AAR details the interesting strategic situation presented while playing as Great Britain. The AAR comes complete with screenshots and some high resolution videos that show the gameplay unfolding in all its glory! Check out the AAR from this page.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said of the AAR "This AAR comes complete with some really informative and interesting videos. This sort of utilization of multimedia in getting the word out about our products is precisely the step we're looking to go in. I hope gamers enjoy this interesting AAR, it really does give a vivid impression of what's to come with the full game!"

Take command of one of the many factions in early 19th century Europe! Empires in Arms is a grand strategy turn-based race to prove which leader is the greatest in Europe. In their bid for mastery over the continent, players can finish what Napoleon could not or stop the military genius quicker than history did! Diplomacy and economics will be the sharp blade and ferocious cannon to aid military might as players charge across the continent any of the major powers in 18th century Europe! France, Great Britain, Prussia, Turkey, Russia, Spain and Austria all stand ready with their full resources and militaries for the player to take command and put to rest their enemies across the world’s most powerful continent. As the player conquers their weaker foes, they can use the money and resources from the fallen nations to further recruit new units and replenish their ranks.

Read the AAR here.

Looks great guys! [&o][&o][&o]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

Does look quite smart. Well done.

Question for Ralegh et alias though... how often will the AI leave the French Fleet (and the minor capitals) unguarded by a garrison? Was the AI, perhaps, set at a very easy level?
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan
tgb

Post by tgb »

Very nice - I'm really looking forward to this.
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Question for Ralegh et alias though... how often will the AI leave the French Fleet (and the minor capitals) unguarded by a garrison? Was the AI, perhaps, set at a very easy level?

They might want to reinforce militia into those cities later on, I guess. [:'(]
Sonny II

Post by Sonny II »

From the front page:

Posted by Sean Drummy on Friday, November 16, 2007 @ Eastern Daylight Time

You need to set your clock back - we're on Standard time now.
[:D]
*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

Very kewl AAR.

I especially liked the use of video.

One request though, could you up the volume on the videos, I had it at full blast and could bearing hear it.

Anyway... well done.

Ray (alias Lava)
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Ralegh stated in the beginning of the AAR "I am in the process on playing through each nation at the hardest level of difficulty" ...
Don60420

Post by Don60420 »

I like the use of the youtube videos in the AAR.  I found that it gave me a better idea of how the game works during a turn.
MPHopcroft1

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

Now that's what I call finesse on the part of the England player. I can't help but wonder why it was that the French gave in so easily -- was something going on elsewhere in the map?

The question is does France recover from defeats like this as well as the Central European powers do?
"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
La Provence

Post by La Provence »

Very good news !

What about a french version ?
(at least a translation of the screens ?)

Regards to all

Salut et fraternité

La Provence
Ralegh

Post by Ralegh »

ORIGINAL: MPHopcroft

Now that's what I call finesse on the part of the England player. I can't help but wonder why it was that the French gave in so easily -- was something going on elsewhere in the map?

The question is does France recover from defeats like this as well as the Central European powers do?

[Bows] Thank you.

Yes, France had lots of other problems - Prussia and Austria were at war with her, and the Spanish had just broken their alliance with France. I wanted to show that just like a "real" game, offering a conditional at the right time can bear fruit.
HTH
Steve/Ralegh
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

I might've missed it. What is the level of AI for France? Does it have anything to do with how likely a non-human player would tough out an adverse situation that France was facing?
yammahoper

Post by yammahoper »

In my experience many human players will not surrender when they should.  France suffered few loses, yes, but was in a position were it could lose all its minors and a great deal of cash with Prussia breathing down its neck.  The surrender seems smart to me.  Now it has an enforced peace with the Brits, can use its navies to move corps as she pleases, and should quickly crush a Prussia with horrible leaders in 3 month, 5 max.  This will mean an enforced peace with Britian and Prussia leaving Austria ripe for conquest, or even Spain because the french can use those navies to prong the Spanish and try to do what is so very difficult when invading Spain: go for a quick win.  The French should easily recover from this minor set back.  That is smart.  It is also one of the unique qualities of EiA; you do not have to win every war to win the game, i.e. knowing when to surrender is proof of a good player.

yamma
...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com

knowing when to surrender is proof of a good player.

yamma

Amen to that.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I just want to make sure you all noticed Part 2 of the AAR, just posted today!

http://www.matrixgames.com/news.asp?nid=459
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

Is there any way of reversing decisions, say, about moving counters?
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

ORIGINAL: Naomi

Is there any way of reversing decisions, say, about moving counters?
Yes there is an undo button, for Moves in the Land Phase and Naval Phase
ess1

Post by ess1 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I just want to make sure you all noticed Part 2 of the AAR, just posted today!

http://www.matrixgames.com/news.asp?nid=459
Many thanks[:)]
isandlwana

Post by isandlwana »

Where is part three?
Daniel S. Gordon

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”