Surprise! Incoming...

Developed from the United States Marine Corps training simulation, Close Combat: Marines, you take command of modern US forces or various opposition forces in one of 25 scenarios included with the release.
msinnot1

RE: Surprise! Incoming...

Post by msinnot1 »

I understand that the game does not come with a campaign but does it inlcude a scenario and/or map editor?

Thanks
Mike
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, it comes with a scenario editor.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
msinnot1

Post by msinnot1 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, it comes with a scenario editor.

Erik, Thanks for the quick response. Sorry to be dense but does the editor allow for map creation as well as scenario creation?

Thanks
Mike
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

It also comes with all 29 included scenarios ready for editing, so you can change deployment areas/support/ almost everything to give you more of a challenge.
ImageImage
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: MikeSinn
Erik, Thanks for the quick response. Sorry to be dense but does the editor allow for map creation as well as scenario creation?

As with other CC titles, the maps are not editable within the editor (you can choose from any of the many maps included with the game, which are a pretty good representative sample of modern battlefields), but it's possible to make new maps outside the game/editor if you know how. It's not a minor undertaking though, from what I understand, but easier than making a 3D map, for example.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

So, when can I buy a hard copy?

PoE
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

Did I get this right, there is no campaigning like in CC5 (Stratmap, battle groups etc.)?

How about map size I read 1x1km up to 1x4km, how does this compare to a typical CC5 map is this about the same size or significantly larger? I'd assume its bigger or otherwise the mount/dismount wouldn't make much sense - right?

Maybe some of the earlier buyers can do a little comparison between earlier titles of the series and this one, this would be just great! *hinthint* [;)]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

Did I get this right, there is no campaigning like in CC5 (Stratmap, battle groups etc.)?

How about map size I read 1x1km up to 1x4km, how does this compare to a typical CC5 map is this about the same size or significantly larger? I'd assume its bigger or otherwise the mount/dismount wouldn't make much sense - right?

Maybe some of the earlier buyers can do a little comparison between earlier titles of the series and this one, this would be just great! *hinthint* [;)]

I'm no expert at CC Mods, I just got these numbers online so I could be wrong here but...

The largest maps you could make for CC3 were 2880 x 2880 pixels or about 650 meters square.
The largest for CC5 were 3600 square or about 812.5 meters square
The largest map for this game is 1000 meters x 4000 meters or about 6 times the surface area of CC5.

Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

If you try and run your infantry across the maps they become winded and need a rest.

Loading them up is the answer.

Off board support / on call support is limited by the scenario creator... you will find some scenarios where there is no support at all.

The maps are a mixtue of wide open country that is ideal for the powerful modern weapons (not if your on the receiving end) and more close country that nullifies the impact of the modern weapons systems so you have to call on your infantry to achieve a victory.
ImageImage

Return to “Close Combat: Modern Tactics”