Darn surrender button

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

therockyfroggy

Darn surrender button

Post by therockyfroggy »

I spent the last 3 hours playing a small land map against 4 AI's. I was mopping up the last few cities for my victory...but they were stubborn...my eyes were getting tired...I hit the end turn button and then hit OK....AUGHHHHHHHHHH...it was the surrender button...why oh why are they right next to each other....sigh.
JAMiAM

RE: Darn surrender button

Post by JAMiAM »

LoL! I hit that button tonight, when going to check my Decision Room. Tired and clumsy fingers drifted my mouse cursor just a little too far, and thankfully my eyes were still sharp enough to spot the confirmation before my finger twitched again.
MrMox

Post by MrMox »

Just wondering if playing with autosave on would have saved the day? The autosave file is written on each "end turn" but I don't know if it is also written on surrender.
SlowHand

Post by SlowHand »

You're not the only one.

A "Feature/Fix Request" was made several days ago about this very problem: solution being to move the "Surrender Button" or the "End Turn" button to some other location on the "Main View" screen. But I suspect such a graphic re-arrangement might take a while longer to fix/code than tweaking AI/ HQ-Chain/etc routines, which Vic has fixed very quickly.
Vic

Post by Vic »

i made a note and might very well move the button a bit next version.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Herode_2

Post by Herode_2 »

Or even launch a little OK/Cancel dialog [:)]
finriswolf

Post by finriswolf »

ORIGINAL: Vic

i made a note and might very well move the button a bit next version.

Yes, please!

"Wenck is near Potsdam and here the Soviets are pushing on Potsdamer Platz!"
Banquet

Post by Banquet »

heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done that!

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”