Investing in R&D: Is it worth it?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

2ndACR

RE: Investing in R&D: Is it worth it?

Post by 2ndACR »

Every 100 a/c built gives you a "dice roll" to see if you get a 1 month advance. So it does not matter if you have 100 R&D factories of a certain a/c or 45 factories. Once 100 are built, you get a dice roll.

WITP is exactly like BTR of old in that respect. Some are just luckier than others rolling dice.[:(]
seydlitz_slith

Post by seydlitz_slith »

The other important thing that people miss is that  researching before the introduction date gets the factories up and running so that you can immediately have significant productions as soon as the aircraft is available.
viberpol

Post by viberpol »

I noticed that the change in ETA of researched plane happens sometimes in the middle of the month -- not necesarily just at the end of the month or after you reach every 100 planes researched (as 2ndACR suggests).

So I am not sure if this is true, but to me it seems that the dice roll (whether to bring the plane one month closer) takes place everyday and the bigger number the better chances of having the plane earlier.

[edited] It has sth to do with many factors: the primary arival date, number od researched airframes etc. involved....[&:]
Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł
Mike13z50

Post by Mike13z50 »

I noticed that the change in ETA of researched plane happens sometimes in the middle of the month

Yes! On 27 July 1943 the Judy moved from 11/43 to 10/43.

Thanks!

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”