A question about the Enhanced mod

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Greenmachine

A question about the Enhanced mod

Post by Greenmachine »

I'm new to Steel panthers and after searching the forums I decided to install the Enhanced DVRN mod but what I'm not sure about is if all the stock scenarios or campaigns work with it, the long WWII campaign as the Germans is what I'm mostly interested in.
KG Erwin

RE: A question about the Enhanced mod

Post by KG Erwin »

Some pre-existing scenarios/campaigns have been converted for use with ENH, but not all of them.

You won't have any problems with the long campaigns, though, as they are system-generated.
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: Greenmachine

I'm new to Steel panthers and after searching the forums I decided to install the Enhanced DVRN mod but what I'm not sure about is if all the stock scenarios or campaigns work with it, the long WWII campaign as the Germans is what I'm mostly interested in.
Most of the original Campaigns, plus Das Reich and Others, plus many many scenarios, have now been edited to play with SPWAW Enhanced...
Check this out....
THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!

Enhanced Scenario and Campaign Pack updated 9/25/07
- http://www.mediafire.com/?fofctzyngwh <--Click this link to download.

What's in it:

19 campaigns and 90 scenarios, Edited or Created for The SPWAW Enhanced mod in one ZIP pack. Also included are the generic campaign briefing text files for generated campaigns that were missing from SPWAW 8.2 version as well as the Enhanced mod.

All scenarios are now sorted from slot 0-89 in a logigal naming style. Enhanced scenarios all start whit the "ENH" designation in front of the scenario names in the list.

I think that this pack is useful for those people who do not want to download all the scenarios and campaigns as piecemeal, but rather have the full pack available in one ZIP file.

Usage:
Simply unzip to your Steel Panthers World at War main game folder after you have installed the Enhanced DV or DVRN mod.

Important:
These will overwrite your original scenarios from slots 0-89 and the campaigns so be sure to make backups if needed.
Thanks to lahtinen (AKA Nox) for putting this together!
[:)]

Also be sure to visit the Enhanced site for answers to all your questions
http://enhanced.netboardz.com/

This is what your game menu will look like after installing the "pack"
The picture does not show it, but the campaigns now include
Das Reich, Guadalcanal, Tulagi, and Kampfgruppe Peiper
also Enhanced 'Desert Rats' Campaign has just been released.

Attachments
Enh Scenario pack.gif
Enh Scenario pack.gif (19.54 KiB) Viewed 165 times

Greenmachine

Post by Greenmachine »

Thanks for the link, installed it and everything seems to be working fine. For a game that come out almost 10 years ago it seems to be more realistic and deeper than most modern WWII games.
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: Greenmachine

Thanks for the link, installed it and everything seems to be working fine. For a game that come out almost 10 years ago it seems to be more realistic and deeper than most modern WWII games.

The depth is the best part of this game. No flashy graphics, no Rambo-style ("watch me take out 200 bad guys with one clip of ammo") cartoon stuff.

Where else could one take on the part of the Finns, or the Aussies, or Philippine partisans?

The possibilties are literally endless.
Kevin E. Duguay

Post by Kevin E. Duguay »

This is a fine game!![:)]
KED
vahauser

Post by vahauser »

Greenmachine,
&nbsp;
The folks who hang out on this forum can answer pretty much any SPWAW game question you can come up with.&nbsp; Many people on this forum were here at the beginning when Matrix was SPWAW and nothing else.
&nbsp;
The best place to ask questions about tactics and how to improve your playing skill is in the 'Training Center' sub-forum.&nbsp;
justaguy93

Post by justaguy93 »

I've been doing some reading myself and am interested in the enhanced version of SPWAW. From what I can tell there are some graphic/audio changes and some OOB changes. Are those primarily what has been altered or have the game mechanics been tweaked as well?

On a side note I've been playing Steel panthers since the first version hit the shelves, it could be the best computer war game I've ever played. It's amazing that the system is still alive and kicking!
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: justaguy93

I've been doing some reading myself and am interested in the enhanced version of SPWAW. From what I can tell there are some graphic/audio changes and some OOB changes. Are those primarily what has been altered or have the game mechanics been tweaked as well?

On a side note I've been playing Steel panthers since the first version hit the shelves, it could be the best computer war game I've ever played. It's amazing that the system is still alive and kicking!
The OObs have almost been completely redone.
There were tons of errors in them before, from many years of different oob teams, not knowing what the other one had done or was trying to do.......in fact now adays, the 'list' of errors is almost down to nill....people still find things from time to time, but nothing like previous to the last Enhanced Version.
The game mechanics have been tweaked in this way...the base Troop experience/morale/leader levels have been tweaked for better gameplay....before some of the minor nations were near unplayable.
also there was a point where the price drastically increased for units with over a certain experience level....we adjusted that also to get better value for your units...
There are many other thingas that were changed Picture files, Encyclopedia files..etc etc...but you can read up on all that...
Please try it out...you wont go back to "Vanilla" SPWAW I can almost guarantee....

justaguy93

Post by justaguy93 »

Already downloaded the files, I'll give it a shot this weekend.
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: justaguy93

Already downloaded the files, I'll give it a shot this weekend.
Excellent...
Dont forget the Enhanced site is at your disposal if you have any questions or problems..as is The Enhanced area at The depot

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”