Borneo Dock Workers On Strike

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

takacssteve

Borneo Dock Workers On Strike

Post by takacssteve »

Oil does not load to tankers in the ports of Balikpapan, Samarinda, Tarakan and Bandjermasin.
What am I doing wrong?
The ports all have 100,000+ in storage. I set the TF's (tankers only) to load oil; the loading oil appears on the orders. But the next turn the tankers are idle.

I've tried different home port and destination settings to no avail. The result is the same.

Is the Oil Storage listed, only the maximum storage available? Maybe the tanks are empty and if so how can one know?
el cid again

RE: Borneo Dock Workers On Strike

Post by el cid again »

First of all, such a query needs to specify what mod, and if RHS, what scenario at what level?

Second, I have no trouble whatever loading oil or fuel in these ports in RHS. I just checked the current long game test (AI vs AI, test 358, 7.862 level of CVO) and AI is able to load oil at Balikpapan - 36,952 tons loaded on TF 69 at this moment in time (of 48,000 ton capacity). My impression is that this problem does not exist at source in RHS.

It is possible you may be attempting to load oil on the wrong kind of TF. Just as resources MUST load on "cargo" type TF, so oil probably must load on "tanker" type TF. Tankers may be assigned to transport TFs, and in such a TF they will load fuel - but not oil - I think. Similarly, tankers may be assigned to a replenishment TF - and again - probably they won't load oil. Since tanker TFs were added for oil (according to the original WITP Manual) I always use them for oil. Consistent with this theory, TF 69 reported above as actually loading oil is a Tanker type TF.
takacssteve

Post by takacssteve »

Sorry, I should have designated my question regards RHSAIO v7.7862.

I was able to load oil by setting the TF's to "Don't Unload" cargo.

This is probably a WITP question rather than a scenario design question, but I assumed that if I am playing a RHS scenario that I should post my question here.

Thanks for the help.
herwin

Post by herwin »

ORIGINAL: S Lee T

Oil does not load to tankers in the ports of Balikpapan, Samarinda, Tarakan and Bandjermasin.
What am I doing wrong?
The ports all have 100,000+ in storage. I set the TF's (tankers only) to load oil; the loading oil appears on the orders. But the next turn the tankers are idle.

I've tried different home port and destination settings to no avail. The result is the same.

Is the Oil Storage listed, only the maximum storage available? Maybe the tanks are empty and if so how can one know?

If there are no resources in the port, you can't load oil... One of those interesting features of the game.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

I didn't know that! Thanks.

Maybe in some cases you need to import resources - and that represents some critical equipment????? In the oil business there are wierd fluids and other materials you need to have - sometimes - some places.
VSWG

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: el cid again

Maybe in some cases you need to import resources - and that represents some critical equipment????? In the oil business there are wierd fluids and other materials you need to have - sometimes - some places.
No, a developer (Don Bowen?) said a while ago that it's just an oversight in the loading routine.
Just as resources MUST load on "cargo" type TF
My Transport TFs are loading resources just fine. I've never used Cargo TFs in this game so far.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

ORIGINAL: el cid again

No, a developer (Don Bowen?) said a while ago that it's just an oversight in the loading routine.
Just as resources MUST load on "cargo" type TF
My Transport TFs are loading resources just fine. I've never used Cargo TFs in this game so far.

I am sure Don is right - I was rationalizing - and joking.

Return to “Scenario Design”