Request: show HQ on production screen

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

GJK

Request: show HQ on production screen

Post by GJK »

Possibly requested already, but if so I'll re-emphasize.

Would it be possible to show what HQ is already assigned to a city/supply source when you are in the production screen? This would save the step of going to the Statistics screen to see what is assigned to whom.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
freeboy

RE: Request: show HQ on production screen

Post by freeboy »

? hit show all ledger andall the hqs come up?
"Tanks forward"
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Click the Production Overview button and you will see which is assigned to which. It's much easier to work from that screen, since clicking on any of the HQ/Production center lines will immediately bring up that Center's slider controls.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Ok, maybe I should clarify. How about if it says "currently assigned to: xxxx" with a button to then reassign. It would cut out a few mouse clicks and would provide instant feedback when setting up production for each industrial center.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Still not sure, there is a button that says, assiegn to.. simply click on it and the city /resourse hex diverts its production to your choice of Hq's. Note, u can also click on the HQ's in the right upper corner and it will list the cities for the hq you click..
If you are s aying this game is a click fext, yes it takes alot of mouse points to make a game like this ! lol
"Tanks forward"
Vic

Post by Vic »

Yes your right. i made a note.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
SlowHand

Post by SlowHand »

One feature that would be great for some future patch: put a Window showing the F1 "Strategic Map" in that blank area to the right of the cities listed on the Production Overview Screen (POS), and have the the Map Window show the city location when you have selected a city from the list.

May not be feasible. But with lots of cities, I often find that I need to leave the POS and check the map to map sure I have key Production coming from Safe Areas. So if it is feasible ...
Frido1207

Post by Frido1207 »

Very good idea. [:)]
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Another note, give distances for cities to Headquarters. I have no way to determine ( That I see) that a city is out of the link, due to naval or just to long a land connection. Now you assign the builds and next turn check to see if you have a large Left over production number. ( over a whole number)
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”