more info please

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

freeboy

more info please

Post by freeboy »

I am now past the initial learning curve and looking for the "edge" details that will help me keep up with better pbem player etc.
I found some interesting things, you set % choices for combat and interdiction.
You can daisy chain command, I assume supplies flow down the line.
fog can really mess your mind LOL!
playing a bit of pac war and Alot of war in Europe.. well done

still trying to get builds supply pp research all down, seems I am chasing my tail at times!

One thing I would like, and maybe I missed it , is a little more detail on how the differnt sub units interact duringthe combat rounds. I assume the more AP the better .. more supply the better .. etc for all the rating issues... but how much do each influence

for example, does my in supply low experience same type unit trump a high exp low supply unit? why?
also with the morters sub machine guns machine guns, not really sure what benifit some have.

Obviously a bazoka helps against tanks, and anti tanks guns on the defense against tanks... better tanks kill tanks easier

but the whole picture still is not crystal clear.

Any elaboration would be great.. and yes next stop will be all those nifty charts in the drill down pages of the game itself

GREAT GAME

freeboy aka AT fanboy
"Tanks forward"
tweber

RE: more info please

Post by tweber »

If you really want to experiment you should go into the editor and then run the game in combat sim mode.  You can set up unit configuratios as well as different experience, readiness, and staffing configurations.  When you run battles, the game will run the battle 100 times and then report the results.  This if a very fast way to understand the intricacies of combat. 

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”