v1.01 Public Beta Now Available!!!

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Greg Wilcox

v1.01 Public Beta Now Available!!!

Post by Greg Wilcox »

Hi everyone,

The v1.01 Update is now available as a Public Beta via our Members Club. While we do final testing we figured we'd offer you a change to get it early as well. This is still a beta, but it's stable and solid as far as we can tell. Barring any major issues being found, this will become the official update.

You can download this as a Registered Download as long as you have registered your Advanced Tactics serial number in our Members Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top nav bar).

Here's the change list:

v1.01
Bugs Fixed + Issues Fixed

-DPI issue is resolved, all windows desktop DPI setting should let AT display the same graphics

- I made it possible to switch to a text report at end of battle/during battle to see in numbers instead of in graphics what happened.

-Shortkey ESC and SPACE for close window for research / statistics / battle / history / battle / sf info screen / start turn window

-Change the black hexes with white pixel in middle to a dark grey dot and the outside map area to just plain black without white dots.

-Fixed some centering of map issues (especially on small maps in high resolutions)

-Make it possible to switch of playing intro tune in prefs

-Made sure the random colours for regimes are not to much alike

-There was a bug with the AI disbanding units to be send to HQ, to be later shipped somewhere else. it is fixed.

-There was a bug in the calculation of production delivery to a HQ that was onboard a cargoship., i fixed it.

-There was a bug in the set HQ routine caused by ww1 scenario, i fixed it.

-There was a bug where battles would not work if you had more then 19 units on one side, i fixed it and imposed a maximum 16 units per hex limit.

-sftype pic not scaled properly in sftype info screen in acw, is fixed

-bug with flak III research blocking itself, is fixed

-question marks for unknown unit dont line up properly, is fixed

-unload button shows up in editor now

-"buzz buzz" text is removed from gameloop

-some small editor layout and button issues

-smg now has same favourite targets as rifle (smg favoured attacking armour above infantry abusivly)

-added semitransparent lines to the combat screen for better viewing

Greg Wilcox
Production Assistant
Awac835

RE: v1.01 Public Beta Now Available!!!

Post by Awac835 »

nice nice nice

but will this patch work with different savegames or do i need to finish my PBEM games first [:D]

super
Post Battle improvements
• Made it possible to switch to a textbox report at end of battle to see in numbers what happened.

Interface improvements
• Shortkey for close info window (research / statistics / battle / history / battle / sf info screen)
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ditto..
"Tanks forward"
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

ORIGINAL: Greg Wilcox

• "buzz buzz" text is removed from gameloop
[X(][:@]Now that's just uncalled for, not only was it one of my favorite features but it made AT stand out amongst the crowd[:-]....SHEESH!........what next? A hands free version?[8|]...........[;)][:D][:'(]
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Vic

Post by Vic »

This patch is fully and completly compatible with the v1.00.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
[X(][:@]Now that's just uncalled for, not only was it one of my favorite features but it made AT stand out amongst the crowd[:-]....SHEESH!........what next? A hands free version?[8|]...........[;)][:D][:'(]

Boy, are you going to be upset when the next site patch removes the emoticons from the forum! [;)]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

say it is not so! charge me a fee but keep the emotacons!
"Tanks forward"
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

Erik has no room to talk about emoticons -------> [;)]

[:'(]
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
mtvaill

Post by mtvaill »

Yay!  I can finally read text on my screen again!  Now all I want for Christmas is mousewheel support [:)]
Operation Merkur: Germany Invades Crete v1.0 available here
jynx11

Post by jynx11 »

A patch this quick!!!!!!!!!!    WoW[X(]
Hmmm
Vic

Post by Vic »

i realy deplored the DPI issue.
and there were a few bugs found. And real bugs have to be fixed as soon as possible.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
SlowHand

Post by SlowHand »

Thank you bunches for enabling ESC and SPACE keys to back out of the
research / statistics / battle / history / battle / sf info screen / start turn
Screens.

And very grateful for the ability to kill the Muzak.

For the next patch: I'd love to see:

A. Next and Previous unit shortcut keys so that players can cycle through units faster.

B. Enabling some more FUNCTION shortcut keys to bring up some of those screens above, especially the Production Overview and Statistics screens? And Hot Key Toggles for "Hide/Unhide Units" and "Supply Layer On/Off"? [see EDIT Note at Bottom]

And the good old F10 key would be great to take one to the System Options Screen.

... basically ANYTHING you can do to reduce mouse clicks would be much appreciated by those of us with Repetitive Motion problems in our wrists and shoulders.

Last, I'd suggest moving the End Turn Button away from the Surrender one: I'm sure others will make the same goof I did --- hitting Surrender and "confirming" it in a moment of haste/waste.  :::sheepish grin::::

Ahh, another thought: can the Statistics Screen be set so that it returns to the last Tab one was viewing? (Typically the
Supply tab in my case.)

EDIT: re: Supply Layer Hotkey. Doh! Saw from another post that it's F5 ... but the little "pop-up" keystroke hint doesn't appear when I put my mouse over the SL button.
Herode_2

Post by Herode_2 »

Last, I'd suggest moving the End Turn Button away from the Surrender one: I'm sure others will make the same goof I did --- hitting Surrender and "confirming" it in a moment of haste/waste. 
[:D]
How, huuuu, yes, at least one other did...
Westheim

Post by Westheim »

ORIGINAL: SlowHand
B. Enabling some more FUNCTION shortcut keys to bring up some of those screens above, especially the Production Overview

This one would be really helpful. It's hidden very good until now. Took me hours to find it.[X(]
Don't be scared - I'm almost sure that I just want to play!

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”