New to COTA

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

ASL Muzzlehead

New to COTA

Post by ASL Muzzlehead »

Hi all,

I just found this game the other night.. amazing and sorry I missed the boat a year ago. I'd love to find out how you arrange live games. I looked in the opponents wanted folder but there are very few posts and they are old.

Also is there a large mod community for this game? SO far I have only been able to find two new scenarios. Not that I really need any 'new scenarios' as I am still learning the basics.

All I can say is this is an awesome game .. sorta reminds me of the Gamers TCS series/OCS any how I love it!
06 Maestro

RE: New to COTA

Post by 06 Maestro »

To see a list of on line players check War Gamers' Battle Leagues. Those listed there can give you a game and/or advice. It's not difficult to set up at all.
Many players may be waiting for the latest patch before starting a new game, but you still might get a response if you put in an offer in the "opponents wanted" section. Remember to add your time zone, as it is an important factor.

I will be glad to have a game (patch, or no patch) on Monday evening (GMT -8). The first one should be a small scenario.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: ASL Muzzlehead

Hi all,

I just found this game the other night.. amazing and sorry I missed the boat a year ago. I'd love to find out how you arrange live games. I looked in the opponents wanted folder but there are very few posts and they are old.

Also is there a large mod community for this game? SO far I have only been able to find two new scenarios. Not that I really need any 'new scenarios' as I am still learning the basics.

All I can say is this is an awesome game .. sorta reminds me of the Gamers TCS series/OCS any how I love it!

That's an interesting comparison. I recently got back into boardgaming after a 5 year hiatus and the game we are playing is the Gamers OCS Tunsia. I just got a call saturday from an excited wargame buddy announcing the arrive of Case Blue. Regardless, I spent the entire weekend beta testing Battles from the Bulge scenarios. I think you will find many hours of enjoyment with this game system.
Hans

Plodder

Post by Plodder »

I recently got back into boardgaming after a 5 year hiatus and the game we are playing is the Gamers OCS Tunsia. I just got a call saturday from an excited wargame buddy announcing the arrive of Case Blue.

Me too, currently reading the DAK II rule book. Looks like a great system.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”