Returning Steel Panthers player with a lil problem

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Wyke

Returning Steel Panthers player with a lil problem

Post by Wyke »

Hi guys.
I've just downloaded SP again and having lots of fun getting back into this seminal game. But I do have a problem.
I cannot access any artillery.
I think this is a game problem, as I have to hit Esc to get out of the bombardment screen, none of the buttons seem to work for me. Otherwise all is great and just as I remember it.

I've done a re-install and appled the latest patch v8.4 and nothing seems to work to get my long range snipers and flyboys doing their thing.

Is this a known problem, and if so, any ideas of how to sort it?

Though my PC is a newish duel core thingie, it's still running on Win XP

Thanks in advance
m10bob

RE: Returning Steel Panthers player with a lil problem

Post by m10bob »

Can you be more specific?..On the control buttons on the right hand side, the artillery is a button on the left column of the 2 columns, (if you are trying to give them orders).
If your scenario does not have any artillery, you will not be able to "access" any artillery..
When you say "access", do you mean you cannot open the artillery purchasing screen??

Wyke

Post by Wyke »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Can you be more specific?..On the control buttons on the right hand side, the artillery is a button on the left column of the 2 columns, (if you are trying to give them orders).
If your scenario does not have any artillery, you will not be able to "access" any artillery..
When you say "access", do you mean you cannot open the artillery purchasing screen??

The problem seems to be that all the buttons are frozen out, I can't click on any of them, not even the one to close the artillery screen. I have to use the Esc button on my keboard to get out.
I'm actually trying it with the Artillery tutorial scenario, so I have more then enough options there.

I'm going to try and do a fresh download of the latest version, to see if that works. That's the only thing I can think of, that I've had a bad download.
FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

It's not actually a game problem, but an issue with your machine's configuration. Others have reported similar issues, but I can't recall right now what the fix is. 
ImageImage
Wyke

Post by Wyke »

Thanks guys. Just worked it out. First advice to me should have been "go read the tech issues thread" I found a similer but not quite the same problem listed there. I applied the fix for it and bingo. Long range snipers are now working as they should be.

Appogies to all for such a noobie oversight. Now back to killing things [:)]
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: Wyke

Thanks guys. Just worked it out. First advice to me should have been "go read the tech issues thread" I found a similer but not quite the same problem listed there. I applied the fix for it and bingo. Long range snipers are now working as they should be.

Appogies to all for such a noobie oversight. Now back to killing things [:)]

[:D]

m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Our technical department is ever ready to research every problem!

Attachments
Marxbros..arefully.jpg
Marxbros..arefully.jpg (34.53 KiB) Viewed 99 times

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”