Guns of August Public Beta 6 Uploaded

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

SMK-at-work

RE: Guns of August Public Beta 6 Uploaded

Post by SMK-at-work »

So hte TE has to control the Eastern Med??  That'll help use up the British naval points!! :)
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

All of Serbia seems to be out of supply for the Serbs too......

One other thing - the Serbs get 1 production point at the initial strategic phase in 1914 - no-one else gets anything AFAIK...is that intentional?
Shawkhan

Post by Shawkhan »

...Don't know if anyone cares, but the Bulgarians seem to not be able to build HQ refits no matter how many arms they accumulate. No sense having the button if it is not an option.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

did you accumulate 9 arms?  Minor states production points are only worth 1/3rd major states points, so if you send 1 pt from Germany to Bulgaria it will appear as 3 pts for hte Bulgarians.  this means the usual 3 pt HQ refit costs the minors 9 of their own points.

One thing I haven't noticed tho......do minors get to buy artillery points??
kcole4080

Post by kcole4080 »

The Turks can buy arty pts.

Here's an odd problem: I'm running beta 6, the Greeks just entered the war for TE, Serbia has been conquered for two turns.
Now as the CP, I have NO supply at all in Serbia!
I railed in three German corps (readiness 9, which drops to 6 in the next phase) & an HQ, but they can't activate due to the supply problem.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Yeah but Turks aren't a minor - Serbia and Belgium get an artillery unit each but I've never noticed them being able to buy arty points.

Serbs don't get supply in Serbia in beta 6, so I see no reason why Germans should!! [:D][:D]
kcole4080

Post by kcole4080 »

I had supply before the Greeks joined the Entente, but not after.
kcole4080

Post by kcole4080 »

Here's a glitch:
While trying to advance into Rumania, several hexes are showing up as Neutral, and so can't be invaded.
I'll send a save game to illustrate.

Oh, also, there was an 'address error' during the last turn's resolution.
I reloaded the save, proceeded, but when the strat phase came up, another address error & I couldn't get to the purchase screens.
I reloaded again & everything worked as planned.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

kcole, I got your saved game, thanks.  Fixed that.  Afterwards I was running your game and I didn't find an address error, it may have been caused by the other glitch, I can't say for sure.

kcole4080

Post by kcole4080 »

I figured that it was probably gone.
Thanks!
wurger54

Post by wurger54 »

Just observed that Turkish troops can enter unoccupied enemy hexes in Egypt without expending offensive points.
Wurger
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Could it be a side effect of the reported 0 supply in Egypt for the british and the rule that allows enemy inf to enter 0 supply clear hexes, with out the usual HQ expenditure?

Kind regards,

Rasmus
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Probably - you can enter hexes that are cut off from supply elsewhere withiout needing to activate - they probably have 0 supply so I suspect that's teh triger.

I've agreed not to invade Egypt in my latest game using 1.6...
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

It has to be the supply problem in that beta.
wurger54

Post by wurger54 »

Some bugs to report...

A PBEM opponant reported his Russians didn't have supplies along the Turkish border. I was aware of a glitch in Egypt, not the Caucasus. In a solitaire game on occasion I was able to advance cav in to enemy controlled hexes even when not stacked with Inf.
I could not move units into hex 28,29 at any time.
When Romania entered the war no units could enter Romania for several turns.
In a solitare game a neutral Belgium started swaying to the Entante in 1918.
In a solitare game Bulgaria was about 1 tick away from entering the CP when I spend a diplomacy point to expadite. It declared war on me the next turn. I figured the diplomat I sent must've farted at a reception or something.
Wurger
Lascar

Post by Lascar »

ORIGINAL: wurger54

Some bugs to report...

A PBEM opponant reported his Russians didn't have supplies along the Turkish border. I was aware of a glitch in Egypt, not the Caucasus.

This supply bug seems to extend throughout the Mediterranean and Balkan region too. When either Serbia or Italy surrender the supply for the TE goes down to zero even if they are in port and control the surrounding sea area. British forces in India are immobilized and slowly starve to death.

This significantly biases the game against the TE and limits their strategic options as it stands now.
justaguy93

Post by justaguy93 »

I just purchased the game and installed the beta patch and just had 2 stacks of surrounded enemy forces dissapear on me. I'm not 100% sure what happened to them, there was one stack of French in Belgium and a stack of Serbs in Belgrade. I had just isolated both stacks the prior impulse and set artillery to barrage and the troops to go in and try to wipe out both cut off armies, I won both battles with the enemy being a complete no-show at each.

Not exactly sure what happened, but I'm wondering if this is a case of the strategic movement bug that another forum member claimed he ran into.

**edit: Nevermind, it appears the Serbs are still there, occupying the same hex as the AH forces. I guess they're locked into a combat that both sides are too exhausted to finish. Don't know what happened to the French, but maybe they found a way to escape on the North Sea's fleet. In any case, disregard my post for now as I can't be sure what happened at this point.
wurger54

Post by wurger54 »

Solitaire as the CP in '18 Italy surrenders.  It appears the Brits and French helping Italy are in a deep exrement situation and out of supply.  Italy ceases to be a worry as the 3E units there no longer fire.  Seems like they would die or exit if out of supply.  [&:]
Wurger
Franck

Post by Franck »

I just purchased the game and installed the beta patch and just had 2 stacks of surrounded enemy forces dissapear on me. I'm not 100% sure what happened to them, there was one stack of French in Belgium and a stack of Serbs in Belgrade. I had just isolated both stacks the prior impulse and set artillery to barrage and the troops to go in and try to wipe out both cut off armies, I won both battles with the enemy being a complete no-show at each.

Not exactly sure what happened, but I'm wondering if this is a case of the strategic movement bug that another forum member claimed he ran into.

If the French had no other hexes to retreat to, this is not the INFAMIOUS, magical train buggywuly! If they had no hexe to retreat to they most likely just died to the men! Still, if they were attacked they could not have used magical trains AS ( for as far as I know)strat move is after battle and if you fight, you can't strat move.

About what happened with the Serb... It happens often when you fight for an important piece of terrain! You'll see this happens to for Paris. Make you sure don't forget to rotate the unit attacking the city with the withdraw action and pulling newer unit in!
justaguy93

Post by justaguy93 »

Make you sure don't forget to rotate the unit attacking the city with the withdraw action and pulling newer unit in!

Yeah I realized that after leaving the same poor Austrians in Belgrade for a couple of rounds.  Whoops!

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”