It's HOCKEY Time !!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

105mm Howitzer

It's HOCKEY Time !!!

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

All right, all you rubber-puck chewing sports fans, it's time for another year of that wonderful ice game. ( no, not curling)
So go ahead, let's see all your wild and crazy predictions for this year. Mine will be for the Habs to go to the semi-finals. Any takers? [:D][:D]
Also, anybody ever played the Statis-Pro series of board sports games? ( chiefly Football and Baseball)
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.
Arctic Blast

RE: It's HOCKEY Time !!!

Post by Arctic Blast »

How are the Habs going to make it that far if they can't score any goals? [:D]

Well, I think this is the year San Jose finally breaks through (probably over Detroit in the West). In the finals, they will meet up with Ottawa (over either Pittsburgh or, crazily enough, the Rangers, whoever plays some defense). And when it's all said and done the Senators will win the cup in 7.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

The Canadians and Maple Leafs won't be there. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

105mm Howitzer

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

You'll live to eat your words, heathen...I like San Jose for West, but you can forget Ottawa. They had their chance, they choked, end of story.[:'(]
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Go aves!
How about Stasny and 8 points scored in two of the first three games? Yeh baby!
"Tanks forward"
105mm Howitzer

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

Very nice, and he's in my pool too. [:D]
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

I remember when I got into Hockey a long time ago. This player named Derek Sanderson was my favorite. Played for the Boston Bruins I think. You could always count on a fight out of him every game. lol
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

Paul Stastny is insanely good. Actually, Colorado's a nice sleeper team this year, IF Peter Budaj gives them enough in goal. Same story in LA, actually...really nice team, but a gigantic question mark in net.

105 : So, who have you got coming out of the East, then?
105mm Howitzer

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

I'm gonna hafta play chicken and say I don't know yet, but Montreal picked up 5 out of 6 points in the last week, which by itself, is freaking fabulous. If they can keep this up, they'll be solid contenders. Ottawa wasn't up to snuff, and Toronto looked limp. Maybe in the end it'll be Buffalo or NJ.
ANd yes Ravin, Sanderson played for Boston and he was a brute. Great player, during Boston's glory days.
[:D]
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

Montreal always gets off to hot starts, though. Then the inevitable Koivu injury strikes, and it's all downhill from there.

Toronto stinks. I swear, 60% of their payroll is tied up in defensemen, all of whom (except Tomas Kaberle, who I think is very underrated) aren't half as good as their salary would indicate they are.

Buffalo might do it, if they can replace Briere and Drury up the middle. I think Jersey's time has passed, though. Their defense really isn't all that great anymore, and they don't have much scoring, either.
Zap

Post by Zap »

I was wondering if global warming would melt the ice this year? Therefore all hockey cancelled.[:D]
105mm Howitzer

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

Anything is possible mind you, but I wouldn't count on that stopping the game.[:-]
Zap

Post by Zap »

As kids we played hockey on dirt. So, your right.
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

Nothing quite like street hockey on a day when it's 36 Celsius, with a blazing sun and not a hint of a breeze.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not...
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

I once saw a barroom brawl, and in the middle of it, suddenly a hockey game broke out. [:'(]
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

colorado scored like what 95 points last year and finished 15 2 2 ? So to call them a sleeper after Jordan Leapold bcoming a healthy starter and adding Smith and ?? whatever that new hot defensive star is is kind of odd to me, the could easily hit 103-108 points.. remember in addition to Hejduk,sp? and Brunnet, Smith and of course super Joe Sackick, ther is Stasny, Wolski and perhaps the best shooter if he can regain his confidense Svotos, boy he reminds me of Mike Bossy back with the Islanders! And don't forget they have several million in salery cap to add players as the year goes on, and that is WITH Theador,sp?, and his wopper of a salery as a poor second stringer right now.

And they picked up a great player from Europe... so they have Three killer lines!...

I think if you look at who they beet last year, they where WAY over 500 against the tops teams, and played poorly against the bottum teams.. you see a team that was inconsistant, plagued by poor gooltending and injuries. If the get some Goaltending and continue to win special temas play they could be the team with the best record in hockey .. I certainly would pick them in my top ten for total points! What is up with the Wild? I have not seen them yet, but boy they are HOT!!!  Anybody see them play this year?
"Tanks forward"
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: 105mm Howitzer

... I like San Jose for West, but you can forget Ottawa. They had their chance, they choked, end of story ...

I take my predictions from team ratings on NHL 08 (PC); Ottawa looks good, but "virtual" players never choke.

Toronto, Buffalo and San Jose got good (game) ratings too.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

freeboy : Colorado has been passed aside by a lot of the so-called 'experts', and that's why I consider them sleepers. They could use a little more size on the blueline (though the signing of Scott Hannan in the offseason was a great move), and until Peter Budaj shows that he IS a legit number one (Theodore is absolutely done. The only reason he's still around is that they didn't want to buy out the last year of his deal), they are a bit of an underdog. Also, the league is DEEP this year...you might need 100 points to make the playoffs.

The Wild have a nice team. They're fast, they're physical, and Derek Boogard scares the living crap out of every team in the league.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I just saw the end of the Sabres/Toronto game.. wow, too bad vs shows so much East coust stuff :( us poor wetsert conference fans just have to sit around and read the paper or buy the packages!
"Tanks forward"
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

Well, up here, CBC are obsessed with the Leafs, so that's practically all we get on their broadcast. Luckily, Sportsnet has spread the wealth around a little more. I'm a Penguins fan, though, so I could care less. [:D]

Return to “General Discussion”