how to repair artillery ?

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

Rob Brennan UK

how to repair artillery ?

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

Given the recent emphasis on arty stacks etc. I have never seen an artillery unit with a "D" recover from it. pull it back . no effect , don't bombard - no effect .. how do the arty units recover the D marker and also does being damaged make any differance ?? being CP almost all my arty on the west front gets damaged but i don't know if the results are any differant .

i love this game as stated before but the manual is a bit crap [;)]
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
TheBlackhorse

RE: how to repair artillery ?

Post by TheBlackhorse »

refit as you would a corps
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Artillery can currently take up to 6 hits even though its all denoted by a single "D" result. 

Anyway, this is being changed to a single "Damaged" level which will make it easier to see the effects of refitting.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

So I am currently attempting to refit, I may actually be reducing damage to the artillery.
Does this affect my issue with loads and loads of "stored" artillery.. from the build out strategic phase, and not being able to use my artillery units? I try to reload or refit and nothing? Bug?
"Tanks forward"
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

What problem is that?  I had a quick look through you posts & didn't see anything?
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I did not post it, just saw it, never saw it befor, and have just now seen the germans again be able to load reload artillery.. seems odd, my Autrians have 16 but cannot shoot.. there is so little documentation I dd not know if a damaged artillery could fire, that might do it? BUT I am attempting to do a East first strategy.. on the easiest cp level with all the sides joining cp, and it gets frustrating seeing quirky things like this! I will see what I can do woth the reloads, hopefully it will be user errer..

What else stops artillery reloads?
"Tanks forward"
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Damaged artillery functions jsut the same as undamaged..only it's on it's way to being destroyed - it still shoots and reloads as normal.

the only reason you can't shoot should be there's no enemy adjacent t target - it might help if you can show a screenshot?

I know of nothing that stops reloads except having no reloads or being out of supply, so again a screenshot might help?
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I cannot duplicate it, so for now it is the unknown gremlin called ue! oops.. IOf I see it again I will post screen and or send off an error save report thanks
"Tanks forward"
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

Thanks all for the feedback , all i 'thought; refitting arty did was re-ammo them as the barrage went down iirc. hopefully its all a bit clearer now.

so damaged arty still is as effective as non damaged till it dies (no way to tell either) seems a bit odd to me. maybe some damage level icon needs to be implemented ??

anyway thanks all
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”