The research death

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
mavdog32

The research death

Post by mavdog32 »

ok, is there another unlock when you research ion technology? I know when i researched plasma they busted out with the robots and ion whoop a$$ guns. I played ahead the other night and I am not sure but it seemed that when I researched the ion stuff the floaty fire breathing things[X(] came and i died lol.
GalacticOrigins

RE: The research death

Post by GalacticOrigins »

Aye, Ion unlocks the fire-breathers.

Also, Heavy Lasers unlock the initial Robots.

Bear in mind, all enemies are kinda unlocked anyway due to TIME as well as these techs.
Tagwyn

Post by Tagwyn »

GO:  I have Beeskeeper Armor and Heavy Laser and chem grenades.  My a$$ is being handed to me at every turn!!  I love the game but what is the use in continuing to play?  Please advise.  Tag
curtfred

Post by curtfred »

You need to get beyond the lasers. Once you get to the plasmas and ions, the "robots" become much easier to deal with. In order to unlock the plasma tech you will need to capture an alien commander.

GalacticOrigins

Post by GalacticOrigins »

ORIGINAL: Tagwyn

GO:  I have Beeskeeper Armor and Heavy Laser and chem grenades.  My a$$ is being handed to me at every turn!!  I love the game but what is the use in continuing to play?  Please advise.  Tag

The Robots are best dealt with Fire weapons (until much later, when you get past ion/plasma). Fire is very good. Get the Flamethrower. Of course, the FT is very short ranged. Therefore, develop the even better Flam Rockets and have almost all soldiers use the Rocket Launcher with these inflammabale rockets.

The hardest missions are when you have to fight in the open. The Robots can be truely deadly on Terror missions, so be careful on those missions if the Robots show up.

Keep plugging away and get better tech. Other enemies will show up, and these new enemies will force you to deploy in a more spread out pattern since they have area affect weapons.

Good Luck!

Return to “The War Room”