Seven Kingdoms Conquest

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

cdbeck

Seven Kingdoms Conquest

Post by cdbeck »

Hey all,

Speaking of RTS kiddie-click fests and the future of wargames, does anyone remember the old RTS series Seven Kingdoms? It was a slower paced RTS that focused on towns, citizens, spies, workers, factories, and trade equally to fighting. It was a ton of fun, even if a bit quirky and slow (took forever to climb the tech tree).

Well apparently there is a new one in the mix, Seven Kingdoms Conquest but I'm not sure if it is actually in development or just dead in the water. Anyone hear any more info on this? The stores say it is coming pretty soon, like this month, but the forums are a ghost town. If anyone has heard anything, want to comment on the game itself, or just wax nostalgic about the older Seven Kingdoms, here is the place to do it!

SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
ravinhood

RE: Seven Kingdoms Conquest

Post by ravinhood »

Yes, Me! The origional 7 Kingdoms is one of the few RTSlike games I can stand to play. The speed of everything in the game is pretty slow. The only issues I ever had with it is it usually turned into a catapult contest in multiplayer matches. The solo game is excellent though if you don't get catapultitis. The unique god for each faction was pretty neat as well. I got the expansion pak for it with the ZULU and a few other new factions later on.

I also got The 7 Kingdoms II, but, never really enjoyed it as much as the origional. You know developers they are always mucking with what works instead of making the AI better. :) And just an aside note for a sequel that actually is better than the origional KOHAN II:KINGS of WAR is another RTSlike game I can stand to play also. Very little micromanagement to have to deal with and no peasants at all to have to chop down trees or gather gold, etc. etc.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

105mm Howitzer

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

Well I remember this little gem. And Ravinhood, ur quite right about the catapultitis virus in the game, but what can u do? It was a simple method for victory. ( although I never tried the multiplayer aspect ( I play mostly solo ( and no, you can't read into this))[:-][:-]
Still, maybe it is time to dust the game off and load it up again....Hmmm..
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Hopefully the new one isn't dead and hasn't been turned into some stock Age of Empires clone. The screenshots look a little problematic. And they decided to add "advancing" in epochs to the game. Would not have been my preference.

I remember one of the most fun weapons was a porcupine like seige engine that you could shoot with a ballista to make it blow up. Never very effective, but fun anyway.

Anyone know if the old versions work alright on XP?

SoM

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

( I play mostly solo

red skelton couldn't resist:

Soooo, you play withe yourself solo eh? hehehehehehe
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

LOL. Yuk yuk... but didn't you quote that from another thread? Before it self-destructed... [:D]

SoM

Return to “General Discussion”