Why I bought AACW

AGEOD’S American Civil War - The Blue and the Gray is a historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Le Tondu

Why I bought AACW

Post by Le Tondu »

On top of liking the era for wargaming, I checked out as much as I could about the game.

I checked out the nice conversations here.

It was only when I read that a LAN utility was being developed that I downloaded the Demo.

I liked the map and how the game runs.

I REALLY like We-Go games. (It is the best method for wargaming, IMHO.)

After seeing that it handled MS Vista and DX 10 without any problems, I placed my order.

Everything above is important to me, but I have to say that the promise for a LAN utility was what 'turned the tide". [My friend (who lives in 2600 miles away) and I are looking for another game to have a go at on Sunday mornings.]

Thank you AGEOD. Thank you Matrix.

The game is 89% downloaded so far. Anticipation is high......(Insert that Carly Simon song here.)
[:)]

Vive l'Empereur!
madgamer2

RE: Why I bought AACW

Post by madgamer2 »

Well Le Tondu you might be in luck. AACW is going to have a LAN but it most likely work only with the systems connected to the same network (like my 2 systems at my house). What you really need is a game like Forge of Freedom which has the LAN AND a internet playability as well. I could be wrong about a LAN being able to be established over the net Perhaps some tech person will chime in here and clear up this point I hope so because I have a friend who is a distance from me also. If you like the civil war then FoF would be another great choice also.

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
Le Tondu

Post by Le Tondu »

Thanks for the suggestion madgamer.  FoF may be nice, but I will stick with AACW for now.  I like playing at the higher command level.

I do admit that TCP/IP was what I meant.  I hope that was what Pocus meant as well.

I really like the game.  Learning to play seems fun. 

LOTS to like and only a little to give constructive criticism about.
:)
Vive l'Empereur!
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

this is a TCP/IP utility we are building, nicknamed ARES (we have to find a nice acronym, it means AGEOD Receiving & Emitting System). As this is a TCP/IP protocol, it can reach over the internet.
AGEOD Team
Le Tondu

Post by Le Tondu »

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Vive l'Empereur!

Return to “American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray”