MCS User WISHLIST

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Jason Petho

MCS User WISHLIST

Post by Jason Petho »

Based on the most recent version of MCS, add your wishes here and try to break them up by type.

Graphical

Sound

New Unit Type

New Organization Type

New Country

Linked Campaigns

Dynamic Campaigns

Scenarios

Programmed Opponent

Also make note of which game you would like them added to.

East Front

West Front

Rising Sun

ALL

Jason Petho

1925frank

RE: MCS User WISHLIST

Post by 1925frank »

New Country:  Czechoslovakia (before it was overrun).  The Czechs might fit better in East Front, because I think they had border disputes with Poland and possibly Hungary.
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

I'd like to see H.Balck's 18th Panzer Division LCG converted to JTCS version.

Also, translate from German to English the scenario descriptions.[8D]
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
e_barkmann

graphical request: Unit animation speed

Post by e_barkmann »

I would like to see a 'medium' animations speed option instead of the default very slow speed or the 'fast' option which is way too fast and does not allow easy observation of the firing and movement animations as they play too quickly on the 'fast' setting. Just a fraction slower would be great.

Please make this option available to all 3 of the games.

cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
lparkh

RE: graphical request: Unit animation speed

Post by lparkh »

I'd vote for animation speed control too. in a perfect world express in time units independent of process speed (i.e. 1/2 sec, 1 sec etc). failing that a 1 to 10 scale say that we can then adjust to our processor. I have to keep enemy on slow right now to see what is going on , which is too slow. And me fast is no fun :-) Plus I miss being able to watch plane attacks (they happen too fast!).
  THanks!
p.s. also make the units smart about avoiding roadblocks.
leek

Post by leek »

Senario & Campaigns: Is it posible to have Paratrooper or Glider reinforcements within the Scenario or Campaign to be released by selecting units or sub units and the location for entry. For example: The scenario has a Bn of paratroopers ready but waiting on my command to drop where and which company just like you select air strikes? The scenario can dictate units that are ready, drop scatter hex distance ect.

Lee
Arkady

Post by Arkady »

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

New Country: Czechoslovakia (before it was overrun). The Czechs might fit better in East Front, because I think they had border disputes with Poland and possibly Hungary.

I second that [:D]

- it allows hypotetical scenarios in 1938 in Sudetenland

- Czechoslovak units take part in defense during Manstein CHarkov counter-offensive in 1943

- they spearhead liberation of Kiev

- bloody battles in Carpthian mountains (Dukla Pass) and Slovak National Uprising

- tank battles in northern moravia

- one battalion defended Tobruk too

Arkady

Post by Arkady »

All games:
I wish some type of stock / user-made units handling

Original weapons and platoons files should be verified by game (CRC check for example) and refused if corrupted.
For new user-made units there should be different file name or extension. Those files should be used only by scenarios that request them aditional to original units.

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Jason, How about adding German nightfighting Panthers equiped with FG 1250 Infra Red ?. It would be interesting to see if the games engine would allow this to be added. IR Panthers being able to reach out and see 2 hexes or so ( 600 meters limit on the FG 1250 Infra Red ) without the aid of a star shell. Very limited combat use, But the Germans did have a few well organized units equiped with IR that performed quite well when using this IR system. 
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Jumbo

Jason, How about adding German nightfighting Panthers equiped with FG 1250 Infra Red ?. It would be interesting to see if the games engine would allow this to be added. IR Panthers being able to reach out and see 2 hexes or so ( 600 meters limit on the FG 1250 Infra Red ) without the aid of a star shell. Very limited combat use, But the Germans did have a few well organized units equiped with IR that performed quite well when using this IR system. 

If that could be figured out how to work, then adding future NATO and Warsaw pact weapons would be much simplier. It is on the list of to do's, just a matter of figuring out how to do it.

Jason Petho
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Outstanding ... Certainly IR would be a must for post war modern applications. Thanks
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

How about the ability of select artillery units that are off board and on board, that do not have actual line of site to target being able to attack targeted areas sited by select units on the map that do in fact have line of site to enemy targets during the firing and movement phase. An error factor of some degree could be built in to represent the human error factor of calling in for artillery support under combat conditions. Select artillery units might be limited to those that have a reasonibly high rate of fire to perform this attack on so called short notice. A feature like this could make things a bit more interesting and give both players something to think about when conducting their attack or defense plans.
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

Inclusion of Divided Ground in the series or a mod which allows scenarios for Korean War, Vietnam War & other post WWII conflicts.  I guess scenarios after the 1950's would pose scale problems since the shooting ranges for armor & arty increase(?).

Noypi53
Hermann

Post by Hermann »

Reduce Step Loss due to artillery and increase disruption and retreat results.
Bring the Flak ( mot ) back to historical proportions Ya got more in a division than the germans did in their entire army. Bring back the sdkf7 Prime movers instead of the ( Rarity ) 150mm SP INF Gun.

Remove the wierd little battalion recon units in the motorised Divisions with AC's and horse drawn AT guns.

Restore artillery battalions to origional form and make the ARKO functional.

I know that for movement the alt key sends all the units to one spot.

If all the artillery is subordinate to an arko you should be able to select a specific target
and either have all guns fire there in scatter pattern or randomly generate a scatter pattern and have all guns fire at the scattered targets individually by range.

This also applies to battalion and regimental artillery formations.
By setting the targets for the smaller formations when ya use the arko ( already moved units arent affected. )

By limiting the kills and increasing disruption and retreat results an attack can easily be broken up by the players or AI if it isnt supported by armor or using concealment.

I like the idea of a scattered result similar to disruption that affects passenger units rather than the current sloppy kills where a unit dies and the vehicles remain intact.
Dismount the unit after receiving fire but before recieving losses. 50% random event to target soft skin or passenger. dismounted unit gets scattered and takes step losses as normal if targeted - vehicles take higher losses at soft rates.
Tiger88_slith

Post by Tiger88_slith »

with the double time key - make it so that you can see how far your unit can travel - vs when you hit the key it automatically puts that unit in fatigue mode regardless if you wanted to move that way or not.....
Valor

Post by Valor »

I would like to see some new features for Polish troops in EF. Now I can use trains etc, but still miss motorcycles, tachankas (yes, yes, Poles were using them too [:)] ) etc.

And if it would be possible I would like to see also Polish units 1943 - 1945 in EF. By 1945 they counted more than 10 infantry divisions, tank corps, several arty divisions and independent brigades and were involved in some nice fighting [:D]

I have tried to such kind of... (I wouldn't dare to call it add-on) just to implement it for TS EF2. It wasn't that difficult as they were using Russian equippment...

If it would be only possible [&o] 
I can give a hand in that. I have quite large library... unfortunately not too many programming skills
schaef

Post by schaef »

I would like to see the Motorcycles be able to move without a mount; just like the horses of the cavalry!?
Larry
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

I'm not sure if I'd want this or not, but I'll bounce it around:  Variable victory hexes like in Steel Panthers.  I think Steel Pathers had victory hexes that worked in four different ways.  For example, you'd get points for holding a victory hex for a certain amount of time even if you didn't hold it at the end of the scenario.  I think CS is fine the way it is, so I'm not sure I'd want the added variables, but I'm not familiar enough with Steel Panthers to know whether the variables added to the game or only added to the confusion.  I can see where the added complexity might end up detracting from the game.  This would probably require a programmer and is, therefore, probably a moot question.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Tiger 88

with the double time key - make it so that you can see how far your unit can travel - vs when you hit the key it automatically puts that unit in fatigue mode regardless if you wanted to move that way or not.....

I second this one.

Rick
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I would also second this one, and how about :

"Save Points for Assault" as well as "Save Points for Unload" and "Save Points for Fire".

This would save me a lot of counting.

Chuck

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”