New Mod To Tryout

Players can post their mod files here for everyone to download.
targul

RE: New Mod To Tryout

Post by targul »

Yep Bigfish if you build too many oil users you cant keep it up.  Seems pretty well balanced.  I like all of the scenario except the Italians have too many troops in Libya. 

Russia is a real bear with all the additional cities as it should be.  France does okay in scenario.  You get to have the battle for Britan.  You can build enough subs to keep the British building destroyers. 

Also game has too many units for human vs human but does really well for AI work.
Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73
dave74

Post by dave74 »

Thanks for the comments guys. I have now sent this mod out to a lot of people and would appreciate any comments or ideas for the next version over the next few days.

I plan to start a new version next week, as long as real life does not get in the way!
targul

Post by targul »

1. Carriers need to be limited to coastal only for land combat.

2.  Reduce the number of Italian units in Libya.

3. Increase the damage land based air does to ships to make them afraid to come within range.

I would say drop the effeciency of Italians also but that should wait until the lower number of units is tested.  Dont want to do too much or it may throw off the balance better to take baby steps.

Jim

Cant we just get along.

Bigfish

Post by Bigfish »

@targul

I dont think that i have too many oil users - enemy forces also have more and more units. Also the forces are still needed: The last turn the russians deployed six armoured and numerous infantry corps - how should i beat them? With Infantry? The map is still to small for so many units. By starting Barbarossa german forces stands in three up to four lines at the front(!). It is impossible to move with so many units. The subs are still necessary because of the many destroyers the brits sending out for convoi defence. If oil is out in mid 42 it would be ok - but low on oil in 40 or 41 it is realy sad.
dave74

Post by dave74 »

ORIGINAL: Bigfish

@targul

I dont think that i have too many oil users - enemy forces also have more and more units. Also the forces are still needed: The last turn the russians deployed six armoured and numerous infantry corps - how should i beat them? With Infantry? The map is still to small for so many units. By starting Barbarossa german forces stands in three up to four lines at the front(!). It is impossible to move with so many units. The subs are still necessary because of the many destroyers the brits sending out for convoi defence. If oil is out in mid 42 it would be ok - but low on oil in 40 or 41 it is realy sad.

Bigfish,

When i have played i run lowish on oil when im approaching stalingrad in my attempt to take the oilfeilds. I am sure this is historical and not realy sad.

If this is the general concensus i will increase axis oil supplies, but i think it should be a struggle for the axis and that this is one of the games strong points.
Bigfish

Post by Bigfish »

At Stalingrad? Wow - I am still three to four lines behind the polish border...

Also i think there are too many PP - Building such a huge army is quit easy - tweaking the PP would also solve the oil problem...
targul

Post by targul »

For me oil has been tough a few times but not a deciding factor so I would leave it.  But if you do increase it I would not do more then maybe 25.
Jim

Cant we just get along.

Bigfish

Post by Bigfish »

Here the next results:

Now it is June 43 and Perm is captured! The problem with the oil could be sovled after the fall of Persia and the oil fields at Awath. Also after the italian expedition corps conquerd the caucasian oil fields while germany takes Maikop and Baku there is no longer an oil problem (late in 41).

At first the battle for russia is a real problem because of so many ussr units. But if those forces and the first wave of replenishments are beaten the way to Moscow and Perm looks like a walk in the park.
With my naval forces (12 subs, 5 battleships, 1 carrier and 2 destroyers - including the italians) the RN Navy could be wiped out - This means: No convoi to Murmansk reached the goal. This is necessary for doing the eastern front the right way.

Now with endless production points and enough oil my air and naval forces crowing rapidly - preparing for invasion of england and the us at the same time!
targul

Post by targul »

Since you won and have no problems I still do not see why you need more oil.  If anything that would indicate you have too much oil.
Jim

Cant we just get along.

Bigfish

Post by Bigfish »

I still do not see why you need more oil.

While playing against the AI it is possible to win with such an handicap - But playing against another human wich is not doing some AI mistakes, then you will know what i mean...
rogo14

Post by rogo14 »

could I please get the files, and can u please tell me how to download them? Please send them to rogo14@hotmail.com
Thank U.
ya, ya, always attack!!
Bigfish

Post by Bigfish »

Hi there,

now it's march 45 - the world is mine... - The mod is till good about the additional cities but the balance have to be tweaked. E.g. it is possible to build enormous forces. By this i have to say taking the us is much to simple not only in the mod also in the original game. You need 6-8 carriers, 1 armoured corps and 1-2 battleships plus some subs. Land the tanks near Washington - bomb Washington with the carriers, capture Washington with tanks - america surrenders without real defending...
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

Has this MOD been posted somewhere?
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
Piercing Fortress Europa Research Team
Desert War 1940-1942 Alpha/Beta Tester
rogo14

Post by rogo14 »

how do i get this mod?
ya, ya, always attack!!
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

Can someone send me the files please ? pascal dot difolco at free dot fr
Thx [:)]
PDF
BAT2166

Post by BAT2166 »

@dave74: I would be glad if you can send me the files to my email einkauf1@regetmeier.de
Thanks !!
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

Would someone please send me this MOD:

bradhunter@nc.rr.com

Thanks,

Brad
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team